What did you cook today?

Just lay leaves on top and keep it submerged. I set the cover on loosley. Grandpa just put a towel over it. I let it go only 2 or 3 weeks then jar it and keep it in the fridge. If your a nervous nilly. You can can it but that kills the probiotics

Homemade barbacoa tonight for Cinco de Mayo and The Derby. Washing it down with my Mexican Lager!

5 Likes

Made fried rice independently from my stir fry and did a better job of managing both.

3 Likes

My old wok is nailed to the side of the garageā€¦
Sneezles61

Target?

Ornamentā€¦ Doesnā€™t work on an electric stoveā€¦
Sneezles61

it would work on a brewing burner though

I made some pretty killer pickles last year from pickling cukes in our garden. I added 1 reaper pepper to each jar and I must say they are incredible with just the right amount of heat. On the last jar of them now

4 Likes

Okay, Iā€™m drooling. LOL

Haha they are :fire:

Probably not as hot but these are pretty tasty. https://wicklespickles.com/ Have only tried the original Wickles so far.

1 Like

Not me cookingā€¦
Appointment up North todayā€¦ Got there earlyā€¦ said to wife ā€œlets try Burger Kings impossible burgerā€ā€¦ Only drive thru mind youā€¦ I asked for two 1/4 pound Impossible burger, no pickles on oneā€¦ ā€œwhat do you think we are, McDonalds?ā€!! was the replyā€¦ :no_mouth:
So they only put that in a whopper, I was toldā€¦ ā€œOK, skip all the trimmings and weā€™ll have twoā€ā€¦ It was very quiet for a minuteā€¦ another attendant then started talkingā€¦
We ended up getting just one whopperā€¦ scooped the trimmings offā€¦ Werenā€™t they the ones that said ā€œhave it your wayā€ a while back? I just wanted to try that plant based stuffā€¦ curiousā€¦
Wife read about it on the way homeā€¦ All you are skipping is the cholesterolā€¦ I will not be trading in my beef any time soonā€¦
That was like 2-3rd time weā€™ve tried dine out in the past yearā€¦ Perhaps might be a long time before we dine out againā€¦
Sneezles61

1 Like

I recently bought a flat bottom one for the ceramic top electric stove. Works great.

Impossible burger is my favorite of the plant based burgers. You just have to dress them up a bit IMHO. Youā€™re also skipping a lot of the fat, the slaughter of a poor stupid cow and the environmental damage from cow farts and corporate farming. Honestly, Iā€™m with ya thoughā€¦none of the plant based burgers can rival a good fresh sirloin or prime burger.

3 Likes

We eat a fair amount of Beyond Burger here mostly in a frequently served Goulash. I prefer it to beef in the goulash as it has a crispier fry that I think compliments the otherwise stew like ingredient. I saw an Instagram meme that cracked me up the other day. ā€œ100 companies are responsible for 71% of the planetā€™s pollution and they are telling me Iā€™m supposed to eat insects to save the planet?ā€ Speaking of invertebrates, weā€™ve been eating a lot of precooked but flash frozen shrimp these days. Itā€™s a really nice treat and prices arenā€™t that bad.

1 Like

Spot on!

We only buy flash frozen shrimp anymore. Itā€™s way better than the oft times mushy ā€œfreshā€ shrimp in our local stores.

I made instapot chicken pho today. Recipe i found on the interwebs. Turned out pretty good. Iā€™ll change it up a little next time though. Chicken needed more salt before cooking and needed to be sauted a bit I think to give it a more roast chicken flavor. The radishes and shallot were quick pickled with a technique I mentioned above somewhere, rice wine vinegar, salt, sugar, 1 min in microwave then let it marinate until ready to eat.

2 Likes

Not actually cooked yet. Colorado mountain trout

6 Likes

Oh how nice!
Sneezles61

Did she catch ā€˜em all? :laughing:

quick pickling is a game changer around our house. have you tried a little fish sauce in the pickling mix? love it