What did you cook today?

I got messed up being treated for beaver fever, took a while to get back to normal.

1 Like

Beaver fever? Stop drinking the water from the East river. :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been taking probiotics for a little over a year and it’s made a huge difference in my gut health and digestion overall. Antibiotics can wreak havoc with your gut.

3 Likes

Beaver fever was something else when I was growing up…:flushed:

When you see these things (giardia lamblia)under a microscope they look like they’re looking back at you!

2 Likes

I didn’t want to go there VooDoo…:smirk:
Sneezles61

3 Likes

I know, I know, I’ll show myself out.

3 Likes

^^^^:joy:^^^
:neutral_face:
Sneezles61

@squeegeethree isn’t Kombucha supposed to help with your gut? I’ve been contemplating giving that a try since you mentioned it a while back. The couple commercial examples I’ve sampled have been delicious, just haven’t taken the plunge yet.

:beers:
Rad

Yes it is supposed to be one of the “super foods”. It’s definitely a good alternative to beer when I’m thirsty and need to stay productive.
I have 1.5 g big mouth bubbler with a spigot. Using Grolsch swing tops Get 9-10 of those every 10 days. I could bottle them earlier but I don’t like it too sweet. My favorite is carbonating with mango juice.
This is the best resource I think

My gastrologist told me homebrew and homemade wine are excellent for gut health as well. Maybe she was just saying that to keep me as a patient. She also wants me to come back for testing where they apparently cand identify your gut biome from blowing into a series of tubes.

Bring her some home made goods…
I haven’t had a home brew for a while now… My tummy is going wonky…
I’ve told peeps for many years, drink a home brew daily… They figured I was trying to get them hooked on alcohol… I said… Its the yeast…
I’ll have yogurt with breakfast for a while…
Sneezles61

Since it’s snowing I made a pot of chili. Home canned tomatoes, green peppers from the garden last Fall, and venison burger from one of last Fall’s critters.

3 Likes

When I deer hunted… I felt the roasts never came out so good… So I would cut into cubes for chili. Then we had something to talk about…
Sounds like a local harvest at its best! mmmmmmm!
Sneezles61

Today I’m making Cochinita Pibil but without a Pibil as my apartment building won’t let my dig a cook pit in our communal backyard. I can get banana leaves at the small grocery store on my block however. They are in the frozen food section.

1 Like

After a day of marinading in the incredible spiced sour orange the pork gets wrapped up with onions tomatoes and peppers in banana leaves and slow cooked. Without a pibil, smoker or grill I’m using our slow cooker. Finished product sometime tomorrow. There are six of these 1 pound packages in my cooker.

2 Likes

That’s look incredible.

1 Like

Do you have a recipe for that marinade?

Looks good!

@Grantmesteven Check it out. It really is very traditional if you are from the Yucatan from what I understand. I learned about it from the Chef’s table BBQ stories on Netflix

https://screenrant.com/chefs-table-bbq-rosalia-chay-chucs-cochinita-pibil/

Sweet thanks