What did you cook today?

Not this “tomato”.

3 fruits will sicken you, ten will kill you…and don’t even think about eating the leaves or touching them too much. Fatal. Deadly Nightshade is a common name.

2 Likes

I saw a post on insta recently that was labeled as black cherry tomatoes…I was like…hmmmm…really…not. sure I’d eat one…

1 Like

Well, it looks like it sets fruit on suckers… Just like tomatoes… That stuff must not grow up here… That would thin out our deer herd…
Sneezles61

I’ve been making homemade curry the last 6 months.
I’ve made a lot of progress and I think I make better curry paste than you can buy. My favorite part of the process is toasting all the spices.

7 Likes

What kind of curry paste are you focusing on?

Good question. I make a very lightly seasoned curry paste that can then be swung into a Thai or Indian. I boost the actual curry needs at the time of cooking . This was the inspiration that got me going.

1 Like

Very cool! Thanks for sharing the video! I’ll have to give this a shot. The tumeric root will probably be the hardest thing for me to find unless I drive closer to DC.

It’s become easier to find lately because it’s touted as a wonder treatment for so many things.

I made an absolutely perfect French Omelette using the adding some of these techniques from this week’s best scrambled eggs article. The starch technique seemed to work well.

1 Like

Sometimes just meat n’ taters’ll do. And a beer. That’s the first pint of the Lager I brewed about three weeks ago that was suppose to be pilsner. It had only been in the keg a couple days, tasted great, reasonably well carbed considering and dropping clearer with each pint I pull. I have a second keg lagering.

4 Likes

Yummm. Prime Rib?

Petit filet. One of the best cuts of meat I’ve had in a long time too!

I went out of doors and cleaned the snow off my Weber charcoal grill after seeing that hunk of beef… Trying to speed up the thaw around the grill anyways!
Sneezles61

1 Like

I thought about grilling it but it was really windy out so I seared it hard in a cast iron skillet then put it in the oven for a couple minutes until it was 118F in the center, tented it for 10 minutes. Man it was good. I went back today but he had no more. It was locally grown and butchered angus. I was a little concerned there was so little fat on it and very little apparent marble but it was incredibly tender.

2 Likes

Jägerschnitzel!!

7 Likes

Damn that crunchy edge peaking out from the sauce is exquisite

Wow that looks really yummy!

:beers:
Rad

Brussel sprouts. Very easy to make but so good. I just halve or quarter them depending on the size of the sprout and toss them in a ziploc bag with olive oil salt pepper garlic, spread on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes or so…I would’ve taken a picture but we ate them.:joy:

2 Likes

Man this Instant Pot! I Just cooked a whole chicken, frozen, in 20 mins. It is now in the oven getting a little color.
Instead of water in the Instant Pot I put coconut milk and fresh curry paste. So it’s turned into a Malaysian style chicken and then I used the both leftover to cook the rice.

2 Likes

That does sound both simple and wonderful.

So much hating on sprouts or there, when you hear, “everyone hates Brussel Sprouts” you quickly learn that “everyone” had frozen, then boiled sprouts as kids. Definitely disgusting. With the possible exception of corn on-the-cob, boiling is the worst thing you can do to any vegetable. Sprouts, when prepared properly can be amazing.

There’s a local brewpub that pan sautés them in butter with bacon and maple syrup.

3 Likes