What did you cook today?

Glad I’m not the only one! :joy: Looks amazing!

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

It’s become a kind of staple around here for brunches when the kids are home. I just discovered it a few years ago at a little Israeli owned restaurant in NYC.

3 Likes

Tuna casserole?

Pork and sauerkraut, a Pennsylvania Dutch tradition for good luck

3 Likes

Venison heart cooked in my air fryer oven

1 Like

That looks like my grandmothers potato soup. She never cooked with tomatos but it plenty of paprika. My sister has been able to replicate it. Always cooked eggs in it.

1 Like

We always fried it in butter but your version sounds much healthier! Some folks pickle it.

Pickled heart? Must be a aquired taste

I have one more heart in the freezer, I used to always cook it in a little butter too. It came out great in the air fryer.

1 Like

Actually quite tasty. If you’ve ever had pickled cows tongue it’s pretty similar.

Nice! We’ve gotten away from them at this point. Once in awhile we’ll have ‘em in deer camp.

Nah never ate pickled pigs feet either

Or pickled anything…
Sneezles61

I used to love pickled pigs feet when I was a kid. My grandfather was the only one that ate them and my mom would never buy them for me. My grandfather pickled his own sometimes and they were so good. I miss his fresh meats, sausages, cured bacon and ham. Should have learned his methods when I had the chance.

2 Likes

It’s pretty much straight up tomatoes, onions, peppers and spices. Never put paprika in potato soup…interesting idea. My version of potato soup has kind of evolved into locro which is the ecuadorian version my wife makes. I think there’s a little sauzon in that which has some paprika in it but it’s heavy with muenster cheese as well. Put slices of avocado in it…mmmmm…

Blue potatoes?
Sneezles61

My granny came here as a cook for some rich people in NY. She grew up farming and they believed tomatos where poisonous. I asked her if she ate pigs feet. She laughed and said heck no we sold them to the city people. She was German and one fantastic cook.

I could see where your granny is coming from. Tomatoes are in the nightshade family from Europe(I just plucked a healthy sized specimen out of our spouting the other day, as its an established exotic here, birds can eat the black fruits. For Humans, deadly poison, “belladonna”.)

2 Likes

I’m confused… You plucked a tomato, but can’t eat it?
Sneezles61