What did you cook today?

It turned brown because I put smoked peppers into it. If I had just stuck with all red colored peppers it would have stayed red. If you are a fan of peppers this is a way to use them and save them. Once they are fermented they can be kept in your fridge over a year. What’s nice is the dose of pepper is predictable.

Here’s a recipe but the one I follow called for it to be grounded first. It’s just pepper and salt but I put a bit of garlic in mine.

I was referring more to fermenting guacamole. Avocados oxidize so easily.

Oh right. Well lacto fermentation happens in a vacuum so maybe that would help a little

1 Like

My 3rd batch of Kimchi

3 Likes

YUMMMMMM.

Fancy vessel! Does it water seal? I use one of those ugly brown crocks.

1 Like

Yes it water seals. It was an Amazon purchase. The bottom part of the vessel is handblown glass and very light weight,

1 Like

First attempt at squash apple soup. Home rum! (even with hotdog bun garlic toast. :rofl:) Hopefully none runs out the sides!

2 Likes

The one in the blender looks close… :joy:
Well, that sure seems an odd coupling… Where did you find the recipe…
Sure looks tasty!
Sneezles61

Food network. Labor intensive. Used homegrown squash. Sooo good!

We have 3 buttercup squash left… I really like them straight as they are when cooked… I don’t understand why my wife has to add butter and brown sugar.
Sneezles61

1 Like

Braised some lamb shanks

5 Likes

Humble brag in honor of Flars who I was able to turn on to this method…

I’m VERY biased but I’d call this a perfectly reverse seared steak with a side of twice baked potatoes and broccoli. I’m in heaven! :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

6 Likes

I agree on reverse searing. That is the only way I cook my steaks since being turned on to the method.

So, a follow up, normally I sear for 30 seconds per side to finish up, this time I went to a minute each side. I enjoyed the bit of char, the wife wasn’t sure. Maybe 45 second sear next time. These were also thicker steaks, so I indirectly heated all four until the first two smaller ones were at 120-125 then took them off and turned on second burner to low for direct heat for the thicker two until they hit 120-125. If I was really good, I would have crisscrossed the sear marks 30 seconds each for presentation sake. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

A nice NY strip on a charcoal grill is in my mind now… low… slow… smokey… I’m gonna need to prepare!
Sneezles61

Making some pickled eggs

2 Likes

Also some chicken breast…

1 Like

And hot sauce

4 Likes

Vegan Tacos. Crispy fried chunks of tofu with chipotle seasoning, pickled red cabbage, queso fresco, cilantro and sauce made from mayo, srirachi and lime zest. Really tasty. Same recipe I use for shrimp tacos as well.

3 Likes

And the liquid substance? :neutral_face:

sneezles61