What did you cook today?

I generally stick to toast for breakfast… My wife takes a carton of blueberries… Adds about 2 tbs sugar and let’s them steep… A modest smashing… Don’t turn it to jam… Very tasty treat! The carton is pint sized… That’ll last about a week…
Sneezles61

I forgot to take a picture but I made the raspberry pie recipe that @voodoo_donut posted. I subbed strawberries for the cherries. Came out fantastic

1 Like

I really do like that type of fungus!!!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Here’s a few treats from this past weekend!

4 Likes

Big time drooling going on here…
Sneezles61

Damn, all we had were wieners. I did wrap them with bacon though.

1 Like

Next time wrap them with bacon and some of that jalapeno cheddar

Obviously I live in the wrong neighborhood! Looks great!

Good old cheeseburgers last night. I had one of those boxes of frozen 1/4lb burgers that look like they were run over with a lawn aerator and didn’t expect much. Other than being a little greasy they were actually pretty tasty. My wife sliced up some red onion and tomatoes. Side of red potato salad and her wonderful broccoli salad made for a nice very hot summer day meal.

1 Like

We get those if we have a large crowd and no time to smoke something. Plenty of good toppings and sides, no ones complaining.

1 Like

My blushing bride of 38 years made us this tonight. Zatarain’s w/smoked turkey sausage and fresh from the garden summer squash and zucchini. She added some tomatoes we canned last year, beans, a few spices, and some vegetable bullion. Consider me stuffed!

6 Likes

Running the traeger on a 12 volt

3 Likes

That looks and sounds delicious! Over dinner last evening we talked about some of the dishes we used to make (or haven’t made in some time) and the Zatarain’s dish came up. Real similar to yours @WMNoob.

Made a perfect 3 egg French omelette today.
Unlike a Western omelette, a fluffy French omelette requires constant motion in the pan and timing so it doesn’t get browned at all. Avocado oil is a great to use because it has the highest smoke point of any oil so you can get it super hot without it burning.

That sounds fantastic. I could live on eggs. Wife and I go through about 3 dozen a week

1 Like

This video was my inspiration many months ago. I have a non-stick ceramic pan that I use silicone tipped chopsticks to keep the movement going.

1 Like

I’m working my way up to this someday…

2 Likes

Mystery meat and tubers for breakfast…
Sneezles61

First batch of fermented hot sauce!

2 Likes

Tell me more about this