What did you cook today?

Cooked a few chicken breasts in the Instapot last night. Sauted some lemons and garlic then put the chicken on top of that and browned one side, a little white wine to deglaze the pan, added some chicken broth, flipped the chicken and seasoned with turmeric, oregano and lots of fresh cracked pepper, closed it up and set for 12 minutes (10 may have been sufficient). Served with freshly made picked beets and sauteed garlic seasoned beet greens it was quite a colorful meal.

Today I’ll use the renderings and one shredded breast to make soup. Saute some onions, carrots and celery then add the broth, chicken and some rice.

1 Like

Pan fried Elk tenderloin filets, green bean casserole with homemade onion topping, and baked taters with olive oil/sea salt rub. Yum yum! Seems like I always forget pictures.

1 Like

It’s hunting/harvesting time there? :joy::beers::joy:… ummm things are growing in our garden? :mask:
Sneezles61

Nope. Beans were canned from mother in laws garden last year. I shot the elk last October and the taters were store bought but raised in Michigan.

We usually plant after Memorial Day. I just sprayed off a new spot for a garden. Looking forward to getting my hands in the dirt.

1 Like

What did you spray?

We had some long fallow ground that I hit with some RoundUp/generic herbicide. It hasn’t ever been a garden spot and has been wild for a long time.

Will stuff grow where you spray Roundup?

You bet! Spray the grass & weeds and wait about three days. Work up the ground and plant away.

Prime Rib yesterday!

5 Likes

Yer killin’ me smalls! Wow that looks amazing!

Id like to be hanging at yer pad…all that appetizing meats… Big bad ass brews… How nice would that be!!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Oh man…:stuck_out_tongue: Where’s the drooling emoji when I need it. That looks awesome!

1 Like

Road trip!

I lost my gig a few weeks ago due to this damn Covid so I’ve been going pretty hard on the grill and brew kettle. My next job will be something I like to do and not just paper chasing. That being said, I’m here all day every day whenever you guys want to come thru. You may not be into my style beer but I promise my food will make up for it!

5 Likes

Grilled some fresh picked asparagus and Elk burgers. When we ground the elk we ground bacon into it. Nice combo but sooooo rich! Baked taters for the starch. One bite left and I remembered I didn’t take a picture. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I’ve learned how to make Banh Mi from scratch. It’s a lot like making a bun but with a baguette crispness.
I wish I had a backyard. I can smell various neighbors grilling and it’s driving me crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Those are beautiful!

1 Like

Barbecued legs, grilled asparagus, and garlic smashed baked potatoes accompanied by a nice home brewed IPA. mmmm…

4 Likes

That looks bangin! Where are the potatoes and beer?

This picture was just as the grass and legs came off the grill. I grilled the potatoes for a bit after the wife baked them and she had retaken custody and was in the process of smashing them. Beer was on its way. :wink:

3 Likes