What did you cook today?

I have a Brinkman stainless steel bullet shaped smoker that was originally charcoal. It had two speeds, burnt and raw. So I converted it to electric. There is no temp control other than plug it in and it is very slow. Slow is good but if there is enough wind or it is cold it’s even slower. My wife got it for a service anniversary gift at work (gotta love her) so it was free. We will both be retired 10 years this fall so I guess we got our money out of it.

Down south I have a Masterbuilt electric that looks like a small black fridge. Not ideal but it works much better and after some use I can dial in the temp with the simple controller pretty close. Lots of room in it to do a few things at once. That one I will keep.

I think I see a Traeger in the garage this summer.

2 Likes

Did you and the Ms. Get to head home yet?
Sneezles61

I made vegetable stock today from the trimmings we normally toss out plus some bay leaves and smoked hot peppers.

I started out with that bullet smoker years ago and gradually upgraded to what I have now. Traeger just had a decent sale that included a cover and 2 bags of pellets for free ($110 value). Naturally, that wasn’t on the model I bought but most others. You won’t be disappointed, I’ll guarantee that!

Still in Florida. Boat is in storage so we can button everything up and go anytime. The heat wave calmed a little and it still looks not so nice up north. We will see.

1 Like

I didn’t make it my wife did. Quarantine Soup hamburger, sausage and spinach from the freezer paired with my Isolation Pale Ale

5 Likes

Picked up a half lamb today. Local and pasture raised. Cant wait.

2 Likes

Can it still walk without tipping over? :joy::mask:Oops…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Which half did you get? The top half or bottom half? Or the left half or right half?

2 Likes

Wife’s aunt gave us some. I’ve been making lamb stew in my Instanpot. So dang good! Can’t wait to hear about your lambtastic excursions.

1 Like

Right or left

1 Like

Just clowning about Ewe!!!:joy:
I’ll stop… In one wags of a lambs tail…!!!:joy::joy:
Oops😷
:joy::joy: Sneezles61

2 Likes

If they do have tails, it wasnt included.

2 Likes

34lbs of brisket and my own sauce!

9 Likes

Cooked up some fresh picked Morels from the yard. Nice appetizer for lunch!

4 Likes

I have no morels

2 Likes

I can never find any around here either but people say they’re all over the woods.

You have to be raised with them

3 Likes

Well, it’s too late for that. Don’t think I’d have enjoyed growing up in a pile of moldy leaves anyway…

1 Like

Luck of the draw