What did you cook today?

I’ll take the kraut.

2 Likes

I’m with you! I like chili but love me some good kraut. Never looked into making my own but now may be the perfect opportunity.

Saving the receipts is an awesome idea! If it were a couple hundred dollar grill then I may risk it but I worked damn hard for that Stimulus check :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve made kraut. It’s very simple. I have a clay fermenting vessel but you can do it in a mason jar.

1 Like

My generator is a honda so same on the one pull but it seems more sensitive to the gas than my old crappy generator with the briggs-stratton motor.

It’s pretty far to a station with ethanol free gas but yea…makes sense that’s the way to go with power equipment.

Now back to your regularly scheduled recipe sharing…my bad.

2 Likes

I went right along so my bad also.

We cooked bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast. Try to stay away from that kind of stuff a little but I could hear the bacon calling me from the fridge.

2 Likes

I hadn’t had bacon for about 6 months until yesterday. My wife and I celebrated 31 years of marriage yesterday and had planned to order seafood from a local crab shack. They ended up closing Tuesday due to a family illness. Se we ordered from another local restaurant instead. I ended up with a locally sourced mushroom and bacon pizza that was incredible. Now I’m tempted to go to one of my favorite farm stores for some more locally raised and cured bacon!

4 Likes

Congrats on your anniversary! 31 years is a long time!

1 Like

Ha newlyweds. 45 in June here

1 Like

Damn… Only 15 here… Does all the years of living in sin count?
Perhaps this ain’t the right area to post that… :beers: :mask: Keep it clean…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Congrats to 31 years, that is indeed a long time! I could go for some good seafood right about now. My 40th birthday is the 4th (and we’ll still be trapped indoors) so maybe I’ll buy some frozen and cook myself.

Made brisket chili with the leftovers from Sunday and it turned out absolutely fantastic. I couldn’t get enough!

2 Likes

I made garlic and cilantro flatbread crackers utilizing the Okara by-product from tofu making. They turned out really well. I’m going to try and incorporate some of my spent grains next time so stay tuned.

4 Likes

Smoked some pork butts on Tuesday! Low and slow and meat just fell apart when i tried to handle it. No pics of the final product but this was about 7 hrs in right before i wrapped them.

3 Likes

Now that makes me drool!
Sneezles61

I’m loving this No Knead bread making. Mix up the ingredients before bed and then in the morning in 80 mins you have a fresh loaf of bread (40 min second rise and 40 minute bake at 400F)
We had some black bananas that would normally go into a banana bread but I through them in this instead and all the sugars got fermented out so it was a super moist and banana scented bread but the flavor was subtle and not sweet.

Wife cooked 20 garlic chicken today. Couldn’t find a full roaster chicken in store so got some breasts and thighs, cooked at 275 for 4 hours. Thing is so tender I literally forked it apart for serving. House smells amazing!

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Wife made these garlic butter rolls with spaghetti a couple of nights ago. Butter all absorbed. Ridiculous!

1 Like

A local restaurant is selling steaks, chicken, and ground beef at their cost. Just have to order ahead. The chicken breasts are the most lean I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

There ya go showing off the Traeger. I’m jealous. I can’t seem to pull the trigger on buying a Traeger :smirk:

Our northern smoker kind of sucks but it still works OK but just OK while my neighbor cooks wonderful stuff on his Traeger and tempts me.

1 Like

A few years ago I wanted the Big Green Egg and settled for the much cheaper Char Broil Akorn. It is a good Kamado style cooker but I’m sure it’s nothing compared to the BGE. I’d be up and down the stairs all night long during a smoke with different temp alarms going off and would never get any sleep as I babysat the smoker. Fast forward to now and I’ve researched quite a few pellet grills and wound up going with Traeger. It has not disappointed in the least! Has an app, holds temp, is a tank (213 lbs) and cooks a delicious meal every time. It’s worth it if you ask me! I did splurge and get the Timberline series but now I don’t have to buy all of the “add-ons”.