What did you cook today?

Who else would listen to us without their eyes glazing over

6 Likes

Enchilada casserole. Yum!

4 Likes

today will try crayfish, and drink bear

1 Like

crayfish are bait you southern midwesterner. You eat crawfish or mud puppies. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Found a really nice local field raised pork tenderloin at the butcher today. Seared it in the instant pot for a few minutes then rubbed it with chili powder, cumin, garlic, paprika and ginger. Then high pressure cooked for 5 minutes. Made a little caprese salad to go with it from one of my big fat heirloom beefsteaks, fresh mozarella, and basel from a patio pot all floating in a swamp of balsamic vinegar. I made a baked potato but I got full and had to save it.

Paired nicely with my schwarzbier. https://forum.northernbrewer.com/t/what-are-you-drinking-now/24816/169

3 Likes

Very nicely done Dannyboy!! Sneezles61

For some reason making the tenderloin made me think of Frankā€¦ @flars ā€¦and how I hadnā€™t posted anything on this thread lately.

Miss that guyā€¦

3 Likes

I was thinking about him too the other day. Good dude. Miss him.

1 Like

You know I was thinking about it and Flars was a dedicated extract Brewer maybe thatā€™s what we need to attract more people. Seems to have dropped off since heā€™s gone. He was a welcoming presence. Need more like him.

3 Likes

I was going to post a thought, full of Flarsā€¦ But pulled backā€¦ Shame on me.
Flars did send 2 bottles of his Ambers to meā€¦ They were very goodā€¦ So in honor of him, the simple extract home brewer, we should keep his brew soul aliveā€¦
As a collective groupā€¦ Could we keep him and his charisma live?
Simple garden veggies, some grilled meats and extract Amberā€¦ Heā€™d be happyā€¦ Sneezles61

Without Flars I donā€™t think I would have ever found out about Domino Dots to carb bottles. In the winter when I extract brew and use minimal equipment little things like that are very helpful.

He also knew the workings of the ā€œnewā€ forum better than almost everyone. Certainly better than I did.

1 Like

Has it been a year? Sneezles61

It sounded like he experimented with different processes quite a bit.

Yeah, I was thinking it was about this time last year we figured it out.

September of last year so almost a year.

1 Like

Not today but recently

1 Like

It got a little out of control in this picture but was incredible. Thanks Randy for raising such a nice cow.

3 Likes

I hope you got it under control

2 Likes

Fixed the issue by moving the chain up. Each night that fire pit produced better results. We did a roast in the dutch oven with an 8 below (charcoal) and 5 on top of the lid for an afternoon and it was the best roast ever.

I have a similar tripod