What did you cook today?

I really like horse radish… I’ve got some growing, but didn’t do anything with it… One fella told me they had to evacuate their house when he ground it up inside! Sneezles61

1 Like

I’ve read that too! Better make it outside!

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve done that. It’s true!

So when they use to make mustard gas bombs, they had a missile full of horsey, and a very fast shredder? Sneezles61

It’s pretty simple. Especially simple if you have an instapot. James Spencer from basic brewing did a similar video on YouTube last week.

I made hot sauce after I fermented several different hot peppers. Tastes delicious! Only peppers, salt, water, and white vinegar

4 Likes

3 minutes on each side on grill. I think they are the best shrimp I’ve made. Put some seasoning salt, lemon, garlic, pepper, smoked paprika, and soy sauce on.

3 Likes

Personal Pizzas with fresh garden peppers and tomatoes, sausage, spinach, mushrooms and onions. Topped it off with a homebrew!

2 Likes

Cheesey

In a good way

Yep. Precooked everything including the flour tortillas for the crusts. Broiled ‘em to finish them. Worked out pretty nice.

Oh my how I enjoy pizza… Friday night is Pizza night… I will try this idea doubleyah! Sneezles61

Tortilla crust ? Interesting. Of course I’m spoiled living so close to New Haven and the holy Grail of pizza

1 Like

Breakfast this morning was bacon cooked in microwave on paper towels. We scrambled eggs, put them on a tortilla shell with the some of the bacon and sprinkled Mexican blend shredded cheese on top. Put them in the microwave for 30 seconds just to melt the cheese then rolled them up. Fast, easy and pretty tasty. Week days are for healthy breakfasts.

Microwave bacon you say?

My Mexican buddy turned me on to slapping the tortillas onto the gas burner for a bit to toast them first. Takes a little practice because you can overdo it pretty fast.

3 Likes

Double layer of paper towels on a plate, real or paper, about five slices of bacon on them, cover with another paper towel and microwave for 4-6 minutes on high. Five crisps ours nicely. I stuff all the paper in our burn pit thing and use it for starter.

1 Like

My wife tosses tortilla shells in the fry pan for a few seconds to brown and toast them a little.

1 Like

My wife does as well. That is a better way but requires 10 more seconds of effort.

Giant brisket smoked low and slow on the grill. I’ll hit it with smoke tonight and let it cook slowly as long as possible, and finish in the oven tomorrow with collards and fresh smashed potatoes from the garden. More pictures to come.

T-plus 90 minutes. Fire is a bit hotter than I wanted, so we’ll have to proceed with caution. Lump charcoal burns pretty darn hot.

4 Likes