What did you cook today?

I had needed something quick for tonight dinner. Linguini with pasta sauce from a can with added meat and mushrooms… Toasted French bread with provolone cheese.

1 Like

Last night used a couple of spoon steaks for steak and peppers in brown sauce over moderately sticky jasmine rice.

Whats a spoon steak? :no_mouth: Sneezles61

I think it it’s the thinnest end of the whole sirloin tip. A little thicker and it may be called a sirloin tip steak. The thickest end may be called a sirloin tip roast. Just guessing from looking at the pictures in the ad.

1 Like

That’s BS

Yeast wasn’t ready for brewing so tried a new recipe. Ginger spiced chicken. Served on left over jasmine rice.

I planted to zucchini plants this spring and they appear to be over-acheivers! We’re getting an overabundance of zucchini that we can’t keep up with We’re giving it away and still can’t keep up so we’re getting some huge ones occassionally.

I decided to try stuffing one of the big ones yesterday.

Cut it in half and holllowed it out leaving about 1/2" of the flesh under the skin, cooked up some robust italian sausage with onions and peppers and some of the scooped out succhini innards, addes mozzarella and a dusting of bread crumbs, then sprinkled it all with parmesan and put it in the oven at 400 and cooled until the squash was tender. Sliced it and sprinkled on more parm.

Forgot to take a picture but man was it good!

2 Likes

Picture next time. Might plant zucchini again. We had one z bush a few years ago. There is no way to use the production except by deep frying the flowers.

Yea I’ve seen a couple recipes for the flowers that look interesting. May give it a try.

Hominy skillet from last night before stove top cooking.

2 Likes

I haven’t had breakfast yet and could get after that pan! Looks like it’d be delicious.

Just a simple dinner last night. Salad, skinny pork rib chops, and raw fried potatoes. Skinny chops seem to work best when brined and fried in a smoking hot pan.

1 Like

@flars, do you like to cook or is it out if necessity? Or a little of both?

I do the cooking out of necessity but I do like to eat. I don’t like washing dishes.

1 Like

I don’t like washing dishes either. We picked a stupid hobby I guess. All you do is wash stuff. :smile:

2 Likes

After your done “washing” brew kettles, quaffing a few pints… its all just a fading memory. :yum: Sneezles61

“Greens from the garden” salad… Rinsed down with a nice home-brew! Sneezles61

1 Like

I don’t mind cleaning brewing equipment or bottles and beer glasses. This cleaning is comparatively occasional. In the kitchen washing dishes is daily. I do leave dishes until the next morning. Washing immediately after the meal seems to take away from savoring the meal.

2 Likes

Yesterday prepping two racks of spare ribs for the smoker. Small pieces of trimmings will be ready to snack on after about two hours of smoke time. Pairs well with NBs American Amber Ale.

Will experiment with the 3-2-1 method for these ribs.

So, what is the 3-2-1 method? Sneezles61