What are you drinking now

That looks really good. About 8am and I would be “testing” one of them.

Bocks ready

3 Likes

German Pils with the Dortmund profile

7 Likes

Looks glorious.

When traveling I like to try beers I can’t get at home. Had the Flyjack and Unionjack so far. Very tasty!

2 Likes

That looks like a great collection of brews…That is one brewery that doesn’t distribute here yet.

My first lager in this series… I think its carbed good… Tomorrow… out into the snow bank!
Sneezles61

4 Likes

Just finished a bottle of Tokyo White, a Japanese Saison from Far East Brewing. One of the best Saisons I’ve had in a long time and humbling as I love making saisons and I think this raises the bar.

5 Likes

I saw it… after clicking on the ? mark…
What is it… more of a rice grist? When I think of drinks from Japan… Sake lights right up…
Sneezles61

The photo is doing that ? for me as well. I think it’s a wheat Saison. I’m not sure there is any rice in it.

1 Like

I brewed this Mexican Hot Chocolate Stout kit from Bitter and Esthers and I completely nailed it. I’ve tried many times to get this classic combo of stout, cocoa and pepper and this time I skipped trying to use real peppers and used ground chipotle spice from the grocery store in my hop spider. 2 tablespoons was perfect for me. You just sense the pepper and then it’s gone.

Also I used Lutra yeast and zero temperature control and it’s brilliant.

3 Likes

What cocoa powder did u use?

(I make a variation on Cincinnati chili that has pretty much the same backbone; Cocoa and cinnamon with chili peppers.)

1 Like

i tried to post a picture from the beach drinking a NEBCO sea hag but the picture didnt come out, sorry.

Sea Hag is delicious, I always try to grab some whenever I’m up your way. :sunglasses: Currently enjoying a Fathead’s Hop Juju myself.

:beers:
Rad

Hershey unsweetened Dark power cocoa.

So I did this same recipe back to back and ended up 1.056 each time when the recipe states 1.046. It can’t be that I’m that efficient I wonder if their recipe is off. Could be my maple syrup is sweeter than the one they tested with.

Annual side by side of my clone of Nugget Nectar with the real thing. This years batch came out really well!

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Suppose just a bit more time clearing/lagering and the color will get closer?
Sneezles61

I’ve never noticed beers get lighter with age. Clearer and less hazy but never lighter.

Pretty much what I was saying… solids clearing out… allowing more light through… THEN, it appears lighter… :sunglasses:
Sneezles61

1 Like

Lately, Five Boroughs Brewing Co. beer “Tiny Juice IPA” has become available in all the stores and it’s good and affordable. It’s become my standard non home brew.
https://fiveboroughs.com/beer/