What are you drinking now

No just to give it some body if you use straight juice its very thin and fizzy which is fine if you like it that way

1 Like

They were awesome in 2013. I was a little put off at first because I was still concerned about the oil spill in the gulf but after I had a couple I threw caution to the wind.

1 Like

The batch i made this year i added a couple cans of apple concentrate as well. Its Rip Van Winkle stuff 9.5% . Again ive tried getting it up there with brown sugar but that also thins it out. Im drinking one of this years now. I bottled in bombers figuring to share

1 Like

Yer schmoozing with yer self… again… :grin:
Sneezles61

Im good company :joy:

2 Likes

Not terribly concerned about body I guess, since it’s a summer time by the pool drink around here. More interested in flavoring it with fruit after fermentation.

At the lanes had Hooker non filtered IPA very good CT beer another CT beer for lunch Thimble Island Pilsner. My wife had a Ceria non alcoholic Wit. Its brewed in Denver by the brewer who developed Blue Moon. Apparently he has started brewing non alcoholic beer infused with cannabis.

Tasting notes?
Sneezles61

Well this Ciria didn’t have cannabis in it but it had a nice flavor and aroma. A lot of CO brewers are brewing craft non alcoholic beers. Trying to grab a niche. Im heading out next month maybe try a couple my wife enjoyed it. The Hooker was tasty they make good beer. The pilsner paired well with the spicey poutine i had

I just looked this beer up 8.5%. I had 2. No wonder my wife beat me bowling today. $5 pints at the lanes and discount bowling weekdays. Ain’t retirement fun

4 Likes

Tried this yesterday. The can says Bourbon Barrel aged with coffee, chocolate and vanilla extract. It kind of tastes like a stout but not enough body. Maybe it’s just me and I instantly figured it would taste fake with all the extracts in it, but well it tastes fake. I expect a stout to have some roasted flavor and it is missing.

Still drinkable and at 6% not a killer. From new Holland BTW.

1 Like

I saw those white stouts a few years ago didn’t think anyone still making them

I thought is was like saddling a horse facing the backside and say its a new experience… Fads…
Sneezles61

Regular Dragon’s Milk is fantastic, not had the white version. White stouts always kind of intrigued me mostly because they are so different. Went to an event here locally a couple years back and I got to chat with the brewer who did one of these for Pittsburgh Craft Beer Week. Pretty awesome lady to talk to.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

its a flavored pale ale with lactose and served with nitrogen.

I agree. I bought a bomber a couple of years ago at a sandwich shop/gas station called Throx in Winchester VA. Had never heard of it, It was great. There is a Dragons milk reserve in the cooler at the local grocery here at $15 a 4 pack. Think I will shell out the bucks and try it.

1 Like

Ask Denny Conn about ‘white stout’…:joy:

Dragons Milk stout and their Bourbon Barrel aged version are very good… very strong also, I don’t recommend drinking two of them on an empty stomach before heading out to dinner.

…aanndd to stay on topic, enjoying my Hefeweizen(first kegged version After 12 or so bottled batches.)

4 Likes

That looks delicious! Hell of a beer coaster you’ve got there.

4 Likes

Certainly soaks up any moisture the glass gives off!

And a nice place to wipe off them poopy paws!:joy:
I’d like one!
Sneezles61