What are you drinking now

Yeah it’s basically a Vienna with some flaked maize to dry it out.

hair of the dog… walked 2 miles home at 1am… a dangerous evening when your tab gets comped because they want your group to go home.

3 Likes

My latest bohemian pilsner is going to have to be my Cinco de Mayo beer. Photo doesn’t really do it justice. It’s dim in the basement today. The head is bright white and it’s crystal clear though the condensation and carbonation obscure that a little in the photo.

It’s near the style limit for a bohemian pils at 5.4% abv and 44 IBU. Has a nice pilsen malt aroma, silky smooth mouthfeel with enough bitterness to leave you a little dry and thirsty. Just how I like my pils. Good head retention and heavy lacing force me to keep rinsing the glass…with beer.

It’s lagered for about 6 weeks now . I have another 5 gals in the lager fridge for later this summer. Can’t wait to see how good that is out in the hot sun! I’m pretty sure I’ve wandered astray from my original goal of creating a Pilsner Urquell clone but I’m very happy with this pils.

5 Likes

This is my Carbon Sequestered Lager ™ you hear about milk shake this and that but this is the real deal. Ooooh the froth…

That’s quite the beautiful head! A bit bigger than two finger width but who’s counting really…

When you don’t have to pay for a brew, a frothy head looks awesome… And hopefully the Belgium lace too? Sneezles61

What’s the backstory

…and is that your wallpaper?

1 Like

The back story is that I had a Brett infection that came out of nowhere… well not nowhere but I got cocky I guess. This being a Vienna Lager I think my Brett was lurking, dormant, at the lower temps. Yet now revived at warmer bottle conditions, it is consuming my residuals and creating your classic gusher. @voodoo_donut the background is a 100 screen silkscreen that I did with an artist.

Drinking a lager. Front porch sitting season has finally arrived.

Big Mo- Mosaic DIPA that is killer in taste, body, aroma, and how it rocks my world. Keg blew tonight so going to get ingredients tomorrow. Poor planning…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2" of snow, and its suppose to snow all night!!
Just had to try a 6-er of Pabst pounders… The white lettering inside the ribbon was missing… I guess I can add it to my collection of weirdo brews I have collected… ICK… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Sneezles61

Well, at least it’ll keep the mosquitoes down. :grin:

Must be I read the forum mostly in the morning because again I’m drinking coffee. I might have mentioned it before but if you have an Aldi near by their regular German coffee in a brick is excellent. It’s actually Arabica beans German ground I guess.

Have you ever tried getting fresh roasted beens and grind them yourself just before brewing ? You’ll notice a difference. I’m sure the brick is fine coffee but once that brick is opened it starts losing freshness. The first cup is probably the best.

1 Like

Color and detail reminded me of the '60s Marvel comics covers.

I thought the foamy jar was a Shaken not stirred yeast starter…gushers can become bottle bombs so take care.

My old neighbor roasted beans outside. Boy did it smell great. I have been trying not to get into anymore hobbies due to the expense and time. I see people use air popcorn poppers for coffee but they tend to burn out. Already reading about it, that’s a bad sign.

To keep the coffee somewhat fresh we put it in a wire bale type jar with a rubber gasket. It helps I think.

Well I don’t roast my own (yet) but I have a roaster close by and he roasts small batch daily and I can get roasted whole beens only couple days old. He’s going to help me get started he recommends this one Fresh Roast SR540 Coffee Roaster | Burman Coffee apparently you can control airflow and temperatures so you can input your recipe. Air popper can’t do that. They are about $180-$200 range. I’m saving up. Probably pay for itself pretty quickly. As with beer it’s expensive do drink what you like

Drinking my Bohemian pilsner. Trying to get the keg to kick I have another keg inline.

After drinking mostly pale lagers last week in Brazil, I am looking forward to anything hoppy at this point. :innocent: Although my distributor I was working the show with this week had two beers by Bamberg (a Sao Paulo Micro) on tap, a weizen which was actually very tasty and a pilsen, which despite not being my favorite style was also solid.

:beers:
Rad