What are you drinking now

That was LME Maris so I think it oxidized in its LME form.

100% Brettanomyces fermented “grisette” colored and additionally soured with hibiscus. I just bottled it a week ago and it’s already delicious. I will put half of the batch in the vault because some aging and this will really shine. Yeast is TYB261

3 Likes

I saw @sneezles61 mention of Duvel awhile back so I thought I’d try it again, As it has been years. Very nice

6 Likes

I got a similar shaped bottle of Belgian goodness.

2 Likes

Is that also from Moortgadt(?) too? What is it?
Sneezles61

Plum Weisbeir, last bottle. Berliner Weis. I’ll do this again when I do my next sour. Hanging out at my camp got a week trying to stay off the internet which is easier up here. Only get service occasionally

6 Likes

Lucky you. Cool there? Where is your camp? Living vicariously through others…still salty over no vacation to Canada :confused:

Northern Adirondack mountains. Pretty sure just saw a three toed woodpecker at the suet. It was 32° first night. 50sh now.

1 Like

I’m almost envious Brew Cat… if you see one… A true red headed wood pecker is my endeavor… Perhaps… In time I’ll find one and get a picture… Then celebrate with a brew!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Three -Toed and Black-Backed. Always a good find. Those are true boreal birds of the north…they like burned over areas of pines…

The black back has a yellow crown correct ? This one did not. My wife took a picture of it. I’ll post. Not burnt over here. Boreal habitat black spruce, tamarack. Also balsam and pines pretty mature. 5 acre Boreal bog pond surrounded by bog wetlands on my land. We get alot of wildlife coming through. My Grail would be a spruce grouse. I have the right habitat and they are around. But back to what I’m drinking now? Tin Cup

Males of both species have yellow crowns. If it has a white back it’s a three toed, if it has a solid black back, it’s a Black Backed wp…
Very different scene here, just watched Elon Musk fire off another SpaceX rocket at 9:25 PM from our dock.
Enjoyed a Hurricane Reef IPA from Florida Beer co.

1 Like

So he was just… Showing off?
Sneezles61

Elon Musk or the male woodpecker? :joy:

4 Likes

Bock to Normal this is the beer I made on national home brew day. I guess I’ll dig up the thread for that day and post a picture for the archive if I can find it.

2 Likes

It’s 5 o clock somewhere, eh? I racked the wine today and sampled some…
Sneezles61

1 Like

And?

2 Likes

The silence says it all LOL

1 Like

Dag nabbit… Was really being careful and sneaking into a grand evening…
Success!
The wine is very “full” in grape flavor… a parallel to stout… Wife snubbed it… I had a fascination with the total mouth feel… I suspect I can bottle 10…

Sneezles61

3 Likes

I was having a "grand evening " too…Swamp Ape imperial IPA…10% abv. Not quite so grand this morning as we run at 5:30 am on Sundays with a group.:anguished: But I’m up!

3 Likes