What are you drinking now

Under the general heading of “definitely not a lawnmower beer”, is this 11% plus beauty. Definitely wouldn’t want to drink more than one of these! hopped with Citra, galaxy, Mandarina Bavaria, and Idaho seven Hophash …

1 Like

How the hell do you get all those fancy pants brews down there? I’m guessing the brew trucks don’t wanna visit us up here? :disappointed:. :mask:
Sneezles61

2 Likes

I love Sixpoint beers and was really excited when they finally made it to Western PA. Yeah I gave that one a 4 on untappd but my description was beefy. :joy: My buddies brought a 4 pack to our skicamp this year. Puff is one of my favorites from them.

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

I’ve been up your way, at Meadowlands, MN…-22* F, in a bog. That might have something to do with it! Lol!

No, we are lucky to have this place callled The Mansion, in an old Victorian building in downtown Melbourne, Fl. Because they have a restaurant attached, they’ve been able to keep their beer store up and running and the guy there has carved out a niche getting beers the big guys can’t or won’t, like “the Landlord” From Timothy Taylor I talked about.

1 Like

Ahhhh… Beer guzzling birder! Sacs Zim bog…
Sneezles61

1 Like

My daughter gave me a coffee mug like that about 10 years ago for my birthday. I dropped it and broke it recently.

1 Like

I think i got that mug for my BD in 1988! I was a young lad of 26 :flushed:

1 Like

10 years ago I would have been 52 and my daughter 16. I think that’s about the time she started calling me man-child. Disrespectful lil sh…

5 Likes

Drinking my Mexican Lager. It’s excellent without the lime but I wanted a little tartness after mowing the lawn today…
Crystal clear like a polished beer! Have I ever told you how much I love WLP940 Yeast? :man_shrugging::joy:

4 Likes

Does look refreshing

Yeast is the reason it clears?
Just kegged… I’ll be ready to post this big un-eventful W/E…
I hope since the towns are quiet, our VETRANS get the time and thoughts we need to show for THEIR sacrifice… :coffin:
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Looks very good!

Correct pH is where it starts. But then process comes into play. But yeast is a HUGE factor. Yeast flocculation is important.

1 Like

Man that looks good!

And I think you may’ve mentioned it…

Do you use that for your Vienna?

I do use it in my Vienna. Not sure if your referring to @mattnaik Vienna though as you’ve confused it before. :wink:
But honestly, I might use it for my oktoberfest this year. Thought about it last year but had 34/70 on hand and the 940 was getting old. I’m a believer that most lager yeast originated from one source so the differences are only from nuances over the years, which is minimal in terms of lager yeast. Some may attenuate a little “better” or flocc a little “better” but go the point of notice? That’s difficult in lager yeast.
Edit: thought about brewing a Vienna or Munich Dunkel next to see how it turns out with this yeast. The Germans will be on me like homeland season 4…

1 Like

Hahaha…no I was just curious because the description of the yeast. I agree there’s not a huge difference between lager yeasts but we all have our favorites, right?

Hefeweizen tonight. Made this one with WB06. Like it a lot.

3 Likes

You know you’re up north when there are animals hanging on the wall!! And I like that!!
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Great pic with your trophies in the background!

Thanks, they tasted pretty good too! :sunglasses: