What are you drinking now

Looks as though you have a lovely glass of home brew right there!
Sneezles61

Pilsner fermented with Oslo Kviek yeast at 73F.
This is a few months old and definitely now has that lager character where young it was not quiet right

2 Likes

I can’t see the lager … :mask: . I bet that’s a great brew!!
Sneezles61

I don’t have temperature control down to lager temps so I have only ever made one lager, a Czech Pils. This is pretty close in comparison.
I did score a used deep freezer two weeks ago but before I could convert it to a fermentation chamber it got filled with food to ride out our current storm. Which I’m pretty happy about

5 Likes

God works in mysterious ways

3 Likes

Doppelbock

3 Likes

OMG! Very nice… Thought it’d be just a bit more on the brown side…
I see the out of door cook station… Maple syrup season?
Sneezles61

Yes I made about a gallon of syrup. Used to make more. I would like to build an evaporator maybe next year

A guy I work with did some just because… 3 gallons made 10 oz… I got a taste… Was good! That might be another great hobby…
Sneezles61

Style says anywhere from 6-25 SRM this calculates 9.3 SRM. I used to make a darker version but the recipe mutated kind of like natural selection

1 Like

I’ve somewhat followed shiner bock… More brown than copper… But yours looks very tasty… Especially in that big mug!
My last one is so dark… You could call it a stout! :pensive:
Sneezles61

Yes that is the appropriate glassware for a bock. Don’t want to commit a faux pas

2 Likes

That’s even watered down with my small lager. 50/50.
Sneezles61

2 Likes

What is the SRM?

That’s a piece I don’t follow… I think Voodoo came up with 43 SRM… Very dark!!
Sneezles61

I have a friend who makes Maple syrup as a hobby. He says talking about is not a crowd pleaser at parties.
“What do you do for fun?”
“I do a lot of boiling”

4 Likes

With my hearing not as well as it used to be…id thought he was bowling… I’d walked away too. :wink:
Sneezles61

4 Likes

Just tapped the 10 gallon batch that I made into 2 different beers through dry hopping. That Bitch Carol Baskins has Citra and Cashmere and is ready to serve. Shelter In Place has Citra and Sabro and needs some more time on gas. Citra and Cashmere is a great combo while the Citra is overpowering the Sabro from 1st taste. We’ll see how they age in next few days.

2 Likes

Drinking some Modelo Negra that I bought to get me through the Apocalypse. LOL. Also got a taste of the Strawberry ESB that is now in secondary. Not bad. Hopefully soon I can get back to not social distancing so I can share a keg with a few friends.

2 Likes

I hear ya. It’s alot of work keeping the pipeline for backing up.

2 Likes