What are you drinking now

I just had my 20 refilled but i go to a fire equipment company so I assume they’ll keep a skeleton crew working anyway. May not be open for yahoos like me though…

I have a buddy who works for airgas. They’re still working because they support the medical industry. I assume there will come a day they won’t service people off the street though.

Had a vet appointment for surgery followup for my daughter’s dog today. Big sign out front. Stay in your car and call us. We’ll retrieve your pet, provide service, return the pet and call you for billing info. No one allowed into the practice except employees.

1 Like

Smart

Greetings From Weymouth from Vitamin Sea Brewing

Maibock

3 Likes

Since my event was canceled yesterday I went over and got some of my beer to go. Turned out really good and I think it will be great in another week or two. A big change in my recipe to what we brewed with at Iron Hill was the yeast. I used London Fog in my home brew and we used Voss Kviek at the brewery.

5 Likes

How do you feel about the Voss. It’s one of my go to yeasts but not an alternative to British ale yeasts

It added a different dimension to the beer for sure and that’s not a bad thing. I’ve read all the posts about Voss Kviek but haven’t used it until this brew. The head brewer sent me a video the next morning and that thing was f’n ripping away that quick.

2 Likes

Interesting. I would have expected a totally different beer from those two yeasts.

I agree

It has more perceived bitterness and it’s really green but otherwise I think it’s pretty damn close to my version. It was fermented at 63 degrees from what I know and I’m not sure what difference that makes with this yeast.

From my experience Voss is very clean at low temperatures and at all temperatures does not leave much residual sweetness.

2 Likes

You know it’s your beer your prize they should brew it to your specs. I don’t understand why they do that.

4 Likes

Could be Voss is their house yeast and they don’t want to introduce another strain which might somehow cause a problem?

This year’s Psuedo Sue clone

Turned out amazing, very happy with it! The Great Bavarian Weissbier Project for 2020 needs more carb but is tasty. Needs a few more days to be sure.

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Why would it cause a problem? Just don’t want to spend the money which is fine but just say it.

I thought the same thing but wasn’t going to gripe about it. The comp was free to enter so I’ll take it. During lunch on brew day, I asked the owner if this was going to be an annual thing and he said they’re not sure at this point. “it’s costing us a lot of money” he continued on. I also heard him mention to Brewer that the corny full of yeast cost $500 to have over nighted to brewery. I think you’ve hit the nail on the head Cat!

1 Like

Are you doing a side by side or going from memory? I would suspect the final gravity would be lower with their yeast and that would accentuate the bitterness. IMO

From memory only, I haven’t brewed the recipe lately. You’re probably right as the brewery version clocked in at 6.9% and mine was 6.7%. I also think it’s going to mellow and be great in next week or 2. Only a few check ins on untappd but all good ratings thus far.

2 Likes

“costing them a lot” huh? LIke they’re not going to sell it? What a shmuck. These guys get involved in these kind of community outreach events for the publicity then they gripe.

1 Like

Exactly, and from what I understand it’s doing well in sales especially in this difficult time.

1 Like