What are you drinking now

Not in Mn… Have to pay for some special rubber stamp… He said, and I quote “ain’t gonna happen”.
Yes, their brews are quite good… Fat squirrel is a great example of a nut brown…
Sneezles61

Not a fan of New Glarus Cow but like Moon Man. Definitely tight distribution. In Texas and enjoying me some Hopadillo.

Vacation? Snow birding? I like the play on the word… Do tell about hopodillo.
Sneezles61

New Glarus is only distributed in WI. They once distributed in Chicago but pulled it. They make solid beers. Yes even Spotted Cow, which is essentially a hazy kolsch style.

Huh. “Illegal to sell outside Wisconsin” is what I found…ok, so New Glarus will be the new Coor’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:remember the hype back in the ‘70s?

2 Likes

Someone brought me a six of a New Glarus IPA a few years back can’t remember the name. It was good if I remember. He mentioned they didn’t distribute outside the State. There is so much stuff out there nowadays probably more profitable staying local

Smokey and the bandit? Colorado koolaid!!!
Sneezles61

3 Likes

65 IBU, 6.6%. Really nice nose and flavor, well balanced brew. It’s kind of like Founders All Day but not as bitter to me. Very drinkable.

2 Likes

1 Like

Never tried Karbach products. Started showing up in Central Florida about 2 years ago…hmmmm says I, what’s a Texas beer doing here? Answer ABInbev.

@brew_cat Stopped in to their Burlington taproom/location a few years back on a Beercation, but can’t remember that IPA. We had a lot of IPAs on that trip. So how is it?

It’s a nice beer. Just started to see it come around here.

Carly the Corgi and I are trying a Luponic Distortion IPA. When you pop the top it’s a rush of hops aroma. As for the taste, it’s definitely different. Not sure I’d buy one again.

3 Likes

My buddy left a few of these in my cooler after a fishing trip. Guess they thought if they could get me in a “comatose” state I wouldn’t notice it tastes like syrup with a hand full of hops tossed in. I swear I made an IIPA just like this when I was doing extract brews in a tiny pot in my kitchen. Good news is I have an excellent kolsch and my own IIPA on tap. Plus the rain let up after 70something straight days so life is good!

3 Likes

Had some beers at the brewski

3 Likes

Even got in a round

5 Likes

Kind of miss winter activities. OK I lied don’t miss snow at all. Looks like fun though. I skied at Big Tupper a couple of times back when my knees allowed it and hadn’t got the hatred for cold yet.

On topic, Sunday morning so what I am drinking is Aldi regular German ground coffee with Emmets liqueur (imitation Baileys). Looks like the Mrs. continued to party on after I called it quits last night. Last I knew she was drinking ice tea with vodka, lemon and Splenda. I found Lite cans and a general party mess this a.m. No problem I have done worse and will pick it all up and keep it to myself.

5 Likes

My favorite beer was a Pepes Plaid Porter from Oval brewing over by Lake Champlain in Plattsburgh also had a nice stout from Big Slide in lake placid. That was yesterday right now I’m drinking a fresh ground single source D E Congo coffee roasted 2/17

Had a blueberry cobbler ale from Atwater brewing… It was good… I wouldn’t do a bunch in a row…
MJB Colombian… I can drink a couple then I’m coffee’d up…
It’s going to be sunny and 40 here today… I wished last W/E’s brew was ready… I was looking forward to a few pints and grilling meat on the deck… I’ll substitute my brew for Summits’ soul… Their unique Pils style brew…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Ski Family weekend with two of my buddies and their families so we had a nice variety of beers. Fat Heads & 3 Floyds Special Hoperations was my favorite of the weekend, nice and dank.

Went especially well with the pulled pork after a long day on the slopes.

Unfortunately tweaked my back somehow and woke up a bit sore before departing Friday, but skied with kids anyway cause they had been looking forward to this all year. Now I’m desperately seeking a chiropractor. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes