What are you drinking now

That looks incredible!

Thanks been trying to perfect a juicy IPA. This is pretty good, the debittered hops let me load up the hops and keep the ibus down. Also I left it 2 days at 15psi then dropped it to 8psi and started drinking it only 4 or 5 days old.

4 Likes

Give that bad boy a week or two and you’ll be losing you taste buds I bet! Looks delicious!

1 Like

It does! Took me a while to start finding juicy ipas that I like. Alot of them are very flavor lacking when I try commercial examples. I need to brew another one next weekend so I can keep my pipeline flowing. Still loving that kviek yeast for these

1 Like

I agree some are gross

1 Like

What’s everyone’s take on fresh hop beers? I tried two different ones this year and I cant say I’m a fan…

The couple I tried where not anything to jump up and down about… But then, it takes quite a while before the brew gets to my neck of the woods… I’d bet out on the NW coast having one just as it was packaged would be a world of difference… I’ve gotta spend a couple weeks out there in my next chapter of life… Sneezles61

1 Like

That looks delicious, I love the color on it

That trip would be worthwhile(to the Pacific NW), as I lucked into the right time of year when we did the Portland Marathon years ago, and did a side trip to Hood River, Oregon. At a brewery called Double Mountain, they had two fresh hop IPAs on tap, Killer Green and Killer Red, and they were outstanding.

1 Like

Interesting. I live in Portland and the first one I had was only a week old. Just not my style maybe.

Ok I tried this fresh hopped oktoberfest last night and it was pretty damn good. Maybe it’s the fresh hopped ipas I dont enjoy so much. They seem harsh

“Fresh hops” meaning what? Wet hops?

That’s what I’m assuming

1 Like

Yep, “hops straight from the vine to the boil”, often raced to the brewery within minutes/hours of harvest.

1 Like

mango habenero. Ipa. It can use bit more carbonation. But flav nice. So next sample in 4 days

2 Likes

Just finished up a keg of Oktoberfest. I have a keg of helles that’s been lagering for 2 weeks. I’m trying to resist the temptation of drinking it early by distracting myself with a few of these.

5 Likes

Brew cats old moniker had a saying that was the a… Cats meow…
" the waiting is the hardest part"… Sneezles61

2 Likes

Drinking a Margarita at the moment but I have the following on tap
1.) Mosaic DIPA
2.) Coffee stout
3.) Pilsner IPA (my baby)

Industrial Arts: Fjord Escape
6.5% IPA brewed with Voss Kviek yeast Denali and Idaho 7 hops
Refreshing and light with hops “juices” being fruity but not overwhelming

That’s the standard for schwarzbier right there! I’ve been chasing that one as long as I’ve been trying to perfect my Pilsner Urquell. Both are elusive but I’m having fun trying!

There’s a little german bistro in a town near me that has Kostritzer Schwarzbier on tap. So freakin good!

1 Like