What are you drinking now

Looks interesting…

On an elk hunt in Utah and had these:

Also had a Squatters Full Suspension. The 3 WT. was definitely a crusher. Great hop flavor w/o a snootful of alcohol. Also had a Moab Johnny Rocket. Decent IPA.

1 Like

From https://eviltwin.nyc/
New York is a great place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there
6.5% Double Dry Hopped IIPA with Lactose Citra Wakatu and Wai-Ti

What is Easy Jack? I’ve had Union Jack and Double Jack. never heard of that one.

How is it?

Singlecut “Plain Top” Lager 5.2% 30 IBU

First beer I have had in over a month and very lackluster. It was canned on 9/23/19

1 Like

Finback “Telephone Lines” Pilsner dry hopped with Citra.
My Favorite beer of the evening.

I found a new Bevy in walking distance from my house and there were only 10 beers there that I have already had. Which explains my variety tonight.

3 Likes

It’s a session IPA. Nice nose but a bit more malt than I like, almost sweet. The 3 Wt. is more in my wheelhouse but if I were to find Easy Jack around here (W. Michigan) I’d definitely pick some up.

[quote=“squeegeethree, post:270, topic:24816, full:true”]
I found a new Bevy in walking distance from my house and there were only 10 beers there that I have already had. Which explains my variety tonight.

Wow, now that’s some selection…in NYC? A lot of Surly in there. Also Lawson’s…yumm.

That’s a nice fridge. We only have a few spots like that around me (Central PA) and most charge way too much for decent offerings. Lawson’s is popping up everywhere now it seems but only Sip of Sunshine and the Super Session 8.

That’s just what they have cold. There’s a 30 foot wall of warm beer of different kinds

A buddy found this future tech hoodie at the St. Louise airport.

1 Like

Oh nice! A water bottle holder! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

4 Likes

Hef and a blonde wander out of a keezer…

4 Likes

My ESB. Now apparently known as a Strong Bitter in Beersmith3. Did the BJCP change the name of it? Seems wrong…

Man this is a good beer.

Brewed it mid April. Really weird brew day. Mash pH was 5.4 but kettle somehow ended up at 4.9. I think this was one of the days I was playing with BS3 water additions, getting aggravated and I somehow over acidified my sparge. I adjusted it in the kettle with baking soda to 5.2.

89% MO, 11% c40. Lots of EKGs FW, 60 and 10.

Fermented it at 60 with WL002 English Ale yeast. Kegged mid May. It was good but didn’t seem to get drunk so I moved it out of the cold to room temp in late July. Just put it back in the rotation a couple days ago.

I have 5 more gallons still in a bucket on the cake. Hope it’s not oxidized. I think I’ll keg it tomorrow.

5 Likes

From my readings it is not necessary to acidify sparge water. You are merely rinsing grain at that point.

Disagree. Yes you’re rinsing grain but doing so with high pH water can IMO leech tannins from the grain. Especially if you stir it and let it rest for any period of time.

Besides I am usually targeting a specific kettle pH and acidifying the sparge helps me hit that target.

2 Likes