What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Nice to have some variety in there @wilcolandzaat . My buddy hosts a “Steaksgiving” where they smoke and/or grill briskets, steaks and other beef and he’ll bring any leftovers to my place in the evening.

My middle son learned to make cranberry sauce in a slow cooker when he was in 6th grade. Now at 29 he still makes it for us every year.

I used to only like a turkey sandwich with salt, pepper and mayo. I like your wife am a convert to the cranberry addition to my turkey sandwich!

We did surf and turf one thanksgiving. It was great but the kids wanted to go back to the traditional spread the next year.

Now that would be awesome! Seafood isn’t in the budget for the 30-35 folks we’re expecting throughout the day.

You have to root for the Lions on Thanksgiving!!

1 Like

Happy thanksgiving everyone. Me got my jockey cooler ready. Only buy ice on the way to the party

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a NY standard we did that as well

One of our neighbors just walked by on the way to pick up yesterdays mail I think already wearing and apron at 8am. That is the tough part about Thanksgiving. Work all day for a great meal and spend lots of money when you could find a pretty good dinner out for around $30-50 around here with no work and no clean up. No left overs is one down side. One up side is if someone doesn’t like the food it’s not your problem.

4 Likes

We did a small turkey this year and pastrami duck breast. Highly recommend the duck!

I spent all of Thanksgiving in bed sick. It’s always this way… I get some time off and I get sick

That stinks! Hopefully you’re feeling better.

1 Like

feeling much better. Tough hearing festivities in the house and not being able to participate.

1 Like

That doesn’t sound like fun at all!

It is a lot of work @hd4mark, I think we were up about the same time prepping as well. It all pays off when guests start rolling in, though. So much good food, good beer and stories being shared from family and friends…you can’t beat that and we look forward to hosting every year! Spent all of yesterday cleaning up and that sucked. Fryer, roaster, crock pots, instant pots and a boatload of drinking vessels. Today is brew day and I have some buds coming over to hang out so I’m pumped for it.

Our neighbor that was cooking so early sent her teen son over (great kid BTW) with a plate full of five different slices of pie. Just what we needed lol. Already had a small pumpkin and an obligatory Key Lime.