Weyermann pilsner malt

So you think if you made the exact same beer just switching the grain and fermented them side by side, mashed the same temp, and carbonated to the same volume of co2 that you wouldn’t notice a difference? Might be worth a triangle test…

A trial test would ultimately tell. I just wonder though…
Now, how to do this with a 20 gallon vessel… Impossible… It’ll take me 2 separate brew… Which would be a fun day any ways!
Looks like I’ll be getting malt soon Sneezles61

You can taste the difference in Floor Malted Maris Otter and non-floor malted when you eat the grains. It’s not a subtle difference. After loading up with a lot of hops and IBUs I doubt I could tell the difference.

So back on the subject of matlers… I just discovered a local oregon malter…

Might be worth checking out.

Mecca Grade is pretty well known craft maltster doing some very interesting things with malt.

Denny Conn can chime in, as I know he uses that malt in pretty much everything he makes these days.

Yeh I learned about it through his podcast. Never heard of them before but their malt looks amazing

I picked up a sack of the Pelton (their pilsner malt) and was thoroughly impressed:

ETA: I got in store pricing (not website free shipping pricing) with an AHA discount, so it was around $75 or so.

Not terrible. Was that at Steinbarts?

Northern Brewer in Minneapolis.

Oh cool. I know they sell it down the street from me so I’ll see what they charge.

Cannot get Mecca Grade here, would like to try