With kit wines it's not a factor: the juice has so much dissolved solid material and acid, and is insanely well buffered--even if your water pH is radical, water has little buffering capacity and it'll be a non-factor.
The only things you should be worried about are lots of hardness, bad tastes, or any iron above 10 PPM. If your water tastes or smells offensive to strangers to your town, you might want to use bottled (cheapest will do). If you're on a well and there's iron, that's a deal-breaker, as your wine will taste metallic, or like it's fermented from blood.
Chlorine or chloramine is of little relevance as well. Maximum municipal levels in North America will be taken out of solution by the free SO2 in the kit, and if you're worried, stir a quarter-teaspoon of sulphite powder into your make-up water. It will bind to chloride ions and make potassium chloride instantly, rendering it chlorine-free.