Upcoming sake website

Hey guys,

I am currently making a sake community/info website. Current progress is based on writing a small introductory sake guide and a sake brewing recipe - to get some content on the website.

Please do not refrain to give feedback, ideas or comments towards the website and/or anything I wrote.

Sake brewing website
http://sakebrew.com

Thanks in advance

Edit: If you are interested in writing articles/adding to the guide/recipe. please contact me on SakeBrew.com

A lot of effort has been put into the website since I first posted about it here.

Check out some of the sake brewing videos I found, read up on how an koji extract could be used, participate in forum discussions or read the sake guide to learn a thing or two.

Don’t be shy :slight_smile:

Also I’ll make a bold statement that you have not seen a more pretty sake community website :wink:

Yep, it sure looks good! Nice video’s also.
Really enjoyed the one where this japanese guy started kneeding this blob of rice in determining whether it had been coocked long enough.

And your site just convinced me into going the “lactic-acid” way instead of the yamahai-way for my first sake-brew. This very moment the rice addition to the Moto is steaming. I doubled the quantities of all ingredients (rice, koji, water, yeast nutrition) but the yeast. This thanks to a a useful tip made by a forummember.

I have one small remark to make on the website: can you please take another look at the exell-spreadsheet that makes it possible to adjust for different fermenter sizes?
It doesn’t seem to work for me (using windows-7)?
But then again, I’m a relative nOOb on computersoftware, so it may be a wrong configuration (or something) on my part that is the real trouble.

Anyway: great site.
I welcome all initiatives to promote further the producing of one’s own sake.
Cause I like it sofar.

cheers,
J.J.

[quote=“janjanssen”]Yep, it sure looks good! Nice video’s also.
Really enjoyed the one where this japanese guy started kneeding this blob of rice in determining whether it had been coocked long enough.

And your site just convinced me into going the “lactic-acid” way instead of the yamahai-way for my first sake-brew. This very moment the rice addition to the Moto is steaming. I doubled the quantities of all ingredients (rice, koji, water, yeast nutrition) but the yeast. This thanks to a a useful tip made by a forummember.

I have one small remark to make on the website: can you please take another look at the exell-spreadsheet that makes it possible to adjust for different fermenter sizes?
It doesn’t seem to work for me (using windows-7)?
But then again, I’m a relative nOOb on computersoftware, so it may be a wrong configuration (or something) on my part that is the real trouble.

Anyway: great site.
I welcome all initiatives to promote further the producing of one’s own sake.
Cause I like it sofar.

cheers,
J.J.[/quote]

Hi J.J.,

Thanks for your reply! I know that you replied a long time ago and you may have forgotten about it in the meanwhile, but I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the kind words a lot!

The site launch came in conjunction with a my bachelor’s thesis and needless to say, I have been extremely busy.

This resulted in limited content on my site, 2-3 months where spammers attacked my website :’( and an inability from my side to reply to the 3 guys that contacted me through the website.

If you are still interested I can probably upload an .xls document to you if you still want it.

Just a side-question: would anyone be interested in a project I did on sake brewing at university?

Best regards,
Claes Nilsson