Toppling Goliath brewery Decorah IA

Driving from MN to IA To visit various family we took a break for lunch and refreshments at Toppling Goliath Brewery.
They serve beer by more than just TG and the food is good. The beer is great of course.
We had a seat next to some upscale home brew equipment that looked really out of place as it was right in the middle of the tasting room. I ask d the obvious if the gear was the start of the brewery and our server responded.
“All of this started with homebrew kit for Christmas. After a while that family gave this system as a gift.”

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

Very cool!

Ha! They Sabco is currently building my new system as we speak. They have come a long way from that system…

About eight months ago, Toppling Goliath started showing up here in East Central florida… I’ve had their PseudoSue, King Sue, Pompeii, and Scorpius Morchella. A Lager shows up here but I’ve not tried it yet.

They were apparently contract brewing in Lakeland Florida at the Brewhub to keep up with demand for Pseudo Sue for awhile now, but I had heard all that went back to Iowa…Love the backstory with Sue, the beloved T rex at the Field Museum in Chicago.

1 Like

Another brewery for the bucket list if I ever make it to Iowa. Love their beer.

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Looks like a cool place. Their beers have been showing up here in Central PA lately, good stuff from what I’ve tried.

I thought T-Rex capital was in South Dakota… Hill city…
Well, what I saw was impressive… And a German Steak house a few doors down… O. M. G
Sneezles61

1 Like

Nice system. Did fall in love