Three batches today

Did a one gallon high gravity beer, a 5 gallon full boil session, and the NB “Off the Topper DIPA” today. Looks good to see the new ones alongside the 10 gallons in secondary’s already on the brew closet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like we’ve got us a convoy!

1 Like

Big Rig Butters?

1 Like

So checked on things this AM and my session and the one gallon batch are percolating away with great Krausen layers and lots of turbulence. :blush:Oddly enough, the NB Off the Topper DIPA kit isn’t showing any signs of activity.:worried: I thought it’d need a blowoff, especially with the Wyeeast liquid DIPA yeast but zero so far. Hopefully it wakes up!

Big Rig Butters? Don’t get the reference.

Off the Topper is a pretty big beer for only one smack pack. It will take awhile to get going.

Which wyeast was it?

It was the Omega DIPA on the package and not Wyeyeast. Oops!

Make a starter?

Regretfully., no I did not. I contemplated it and had the stuff out but then saw the yeast labeled as DIPA and changed my mind. I checked tonight and it’s beginning to wake up. The other two are rolling along nicely. :slight_smile: Life is good in the brew cave…hopefully.

Well, got my wish, kind of. Got up this morning and check on things prior to heading off to work and the DIPA blew up. The Big Mouth lid was off with foam up and out of the fermenter and beer in the catch pan. Cleaned things up a bit and put in a blowoff. Should’ve known… LOL:sleeping:

1 Like