Thermapen MK4?

Yes I’m also enjoying my new thermapen. So much faster than my previous thermometer. Less time taking a reading is super nice. Also used it for grilling the other day. Super happy.

I used mine on thanksgiving to double check the oven temerature probe. I’ve never trusted that thing. It was high by 5 degrees…which could potentially mean the difference between a well cooked bird and giving the entire family salmonella.

I had just noticed that there is a Air Probe for the Dot, Smoke and Chef Alarm. I was considering picking this up to monitor the oven temperature while my kettle for a partial mash was in the oven staying warm. Would also use it to monitor the temperature of the smoker. I have been using the Dot with a meat probe for doing this.

I measured the temp between my thumb and forefinger…got a solid 92 :grinning:

Isn’t that called, the rule of thumb? :confused:. Hey Flars, is that submersible or what? I would like to find something on the same line as what Blichmann has… I’ve looked to RTD’s and monitors, and , well they won’t give them away… Maybe have to resort to a PID just to monitor the temp… I need Gizmo’s! Wirelessly would be the cats meow!! Sneezles61

I love this thing…very quick readings and seemingly very accurate…stuck it in some snow and got an immediate reading of 32 degrees.

1 Like

Or, you can just walk around and find where the cold spots are in yer house! Then you know where not to go! I just got the simple one and quite pleased! Sneezles61

Done that :grinning:

So I thought 70* water was suppose to be warm… Its not like a 70* house in winter! Cool gizmo tho! Sneezles61

Water can absorb your body heat better than air can. So the water “feels” colder that air because it’s cooling your 98 degree body faster. A swimming pool in the 80’s still feels pretty comfortable on a hot day, while the 70’s is generally, “ok once you get used to it”

Yeah water has a very high thermal capacity so it takes a lot of heat from its surroundings

So does the air this morning! Very chilly… Sneezles61

1 Like

ThermoWorks has just announced an open box sale for the MK4. $76.00 The link to the sale is via the email sent to their subscribers list.

1 Like

Just thought I would pass this along. The classic Thermapen is now on sale for $59 for a “limited time”.

2 Likes