Sugar water to sweeten?

I was rereading my old notes on my past batches of sake, and I’d apparently written something about this. But I can’t remember if it actually worked or not. I’m at the yodan stage; has anyone ever heard of doing this before? My goal is to make a sweet sake.

Side note…for some reason, my moromi seems to have separated and turned a barely noticeable shade of pink. Anyone ever experienced this either?

[quote=“walkie74”]I was rereading my old notes on my past batches of sake, and I’d apparently written something about this. But I can’t remember if it actually worked or not. I’m at the yodan stage; has anyone ever heard of doing this before? My goal is to make a sweet sake.

Side note…for some reason, my moromi seems to have separated and turned a barely noticeable shade of pink. Anyone ever experienced this either?[/quote]

I really did not even know “yodan stage” before…Can you please elaborate little bit more about this? if you can might be perhaps would be nicer to get more valuable information by using this platform…

Yodan is the last fermentation stage. It’s optional; it allows you to add more rice and water to control the sweetness of your sake. ( Veteran brewers, let me know if I missed something. )

Hello. I recall using sugar before, its not a horrible idea.

The concept with the final addition is that the yeast is pretty much done, but the enzymes are still around and can convert the new rice you add into sweetness. That sweetness will be in line with all the previous fermentation and be more genuine than sugar. If you can even tell the difference.

I haven’t done a yodan addition in a long time. But I like dry sake.