Stiring mash

Would there be any advantage in having a motor mounted to a mash tun(cooler) and a mixing paddle constantly stirring the mash at a slow speed?

Since I get nearly 100% conversion efficiency without anything like that, I’d say no, there is no benefit to it.

Thanks Denny, I have used the “cheap and easy” system for years. Have you changed it any since its original inception?

Not a bit! Why mess with perfection? :wink: I still use the same cooler and same braid that I started with 18 years and 490 batches ago.

Not a bit! Why mess with perfection? :wink: I still use the same cooler and same braid that I started with 18 years and 490 batches ago.[/quote]
Denny, it’s not that… It’s because your “cheap and easy.” :lol:

All joking aside, I’m surprised that the cooler has held up to the repeated temps without warping or other damage.

Not a bit! Why mess with perfection? :wink: I still use the same cooler and same braid that I started with 18 years and 490 batches ago.[/quote]
Denny, it’s not that… It’s because your “cheap and easy.” :lol:

All joking aside, I’m surprised that the cooler has held up to the repeated temps without warping or other damage.[/quote]

The interior has warped a bit but it doesn’t affect performance.