Steps for the master vintner wine kit

Ok question!
I’m new at winemaking. I bought the one gallon kit and it didn’t come with steps on what to do. So I watched the video on the northern brewer site. It seems like the primary fermentation went well. I siphoned the wine from the bucket to the glass jar. After one week I’ve gotten a layer of sediment at the bottom of the jar. Is this normal?

Also, I bought bottles and corks to bottle the wine. Do I need a corker to place the corks in the bottles?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Yes, that’s not just normal, it’s extremely normal! Proceed as per the instructions: the sediment is part of the process and will all be left behind after you clear the wine with the fining agents.

Yes, you need a corking machine to put the corks into the bottles. Have a look here for the different types.
We’re happy to help: enjoy your kit and don’t be afraid to ask all the questions you have.

Thank you so much. This is my first wine. I chose peach and I tried getting gravity readings but couldn’t find a vessel large enough to take samples so I’m trying it without but following a strict recipe from the guidebook. So I’m hoping it turns out ok.