Steinbier

Who cares if it isn’t perfectly clear, that looks and sounds delicious!

Thanks but I like my lagers Chrystal clear. I may throw this one in the snow cave for a month.

There is some satanic thingy on the glass I can’t see through… And its really scaring the be-geevers out of me…:scream: Sneezles61
PS… is that Longmire on the tube?

You might want to try another type of stone. Granite is a nonporous stone it only collects smoke compounds (soot) on the smooth surface . A lava rock would be perfect for this porous and able to capture the soot… but the extreme heat of direct fire would burn away the soot or at least a large portion of it. So to fix this problem is to use one stone for the boil and another to rised out of the fire to capture the soot for the Smokey flavor. Also one thing to consider is ash and soot will increase your ph. Enough to affect it im not sure but I would keep that in mind.

I don’t live near any volcanoes where can I get a lava rock?

That ?

No that’s just some of my records

2 Likes

Home improvement, hardware stores. Landscape rocks and also used in grills.

1 Like

You can get lava rock at Copper Falls State Park. Will have to decide which age of rock to use. Black or red.

Watch out for the rocks at landscape stores, they aren’t food safe. Stick with hardware store rocks or wild rocks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Roger that! Landscape rocks are sometimes dyed.

Wild rocks? Sounds dangerous.

1 Like

As WmNoob stated they are used in grills and landscaping. Now that it’s winter for some of us I’m sure you can get some at discount prices. Alot of places sell them in 10 pound bags for your grill those would work fine.

Just messin’ with you, bud. :wink:

1 Like

Just take the flight to Hawaii! Better than the 10° it has been here for the past 2 weeks.

1 Like

Well I let this sit out in the the garage during the cold snap in the 20s for a couple weeks now brought it on tap. I always say" serve no Bock before it’s time". Actually that’s the first time but it’s true. It still has a " mineraly" taste but not in a bad way. Growing up we had a hand dug well it’s kinda reminds of that if you know what I mean. I keep going back for more. A friend tasted it and said it was good but needed more carbonation he was right. I have a tasting party coming up so I’ll get more feedback. I love brewing expeirimentals

Sounds incredibly interesting. I was talking to a couple of my brewing friends about this and the look on their faces was priceless.

A hand dug well? You ARE one interesting cat!

What boiling with rocks or hand dug well? I’m going to revisit this in the summer when I have my outside BBQ pit going.a different style though. Maybe a type of English beer.

Using the hot rocks AFTER cooking over them? hhhhmmm? Sneezles61

I wasn’t going to cook over them more to the side

1 Like

Boiling with rocks I knew about. Wells have been driven around here for the most part since the early 1900s so a hand dug we’ll? Interesting. :sunglasses: