Stainless keg quick connects

So I am getting ready to do my first kegging, scheduled in about 10 days from now. I bought a new ball lock keg, and bought the pre assembled gas in and beer out ( picnic tap) hoses.
I was looking around and saw the stainless quick connects and liked the way the tubing connects at more of a right angle verses angled up. I also thought they may be good to have on hand in case I have any issues with the plastic connects.

They came and look great, although no documentation and they both look identical except for one has a white plastic ring on the body and the other has a black one. So going by the fact my beer out connector is black and my gas in plastic connector is white… I assume when I need to I would just follow suit with the stainless versions. Does this sound reasonable? I was thinking there would be more differences in the two but I can’t see it.

This weekend I will assemble everything and wash and sanitize while pushing some gas in it and checking for leaks.

1 Like

I am so lucky … 2 pins is gas, 3 pins is liquid… I had ball locks, and I’m sure I had them goofed up… Sneezles61

I’m really on the edge - I have BOTH running at the same time! LOL Brilliantly tried to gas a ball lock keg with a pin lock connection = beer spray…

1 Like

I just remember that ball lock kegs were made for Pepsi. Pepsi is black liquid, so the liquid line gets black.

The other common one is
Grey and Gas start with G
Black and Beer start with B

1 Like

Exactly how I remember it. Grey=gas Black=beer. The keg should have a dimple or a notch in the handle on the gas side also.

1 Like

Unless you’ve taken them apart and didn’t put the long dip tube in the right place! Right dipstick? Been there, done that… Now with pin locks … you just can’t goof up! Sneezles61