Speakers

I wasn’t sure where to put this, so Ill tie it to… Placing speakers in the brew tasting room, which I’ve got underway…Roughly 16’x28’… I’m contemplating putting some in the ceiling joists, which are the floor above… Then a powered woofer… Would you put the woofer under the big TV or move back behind somewhere? The actual bar/brew tasting area is 14’x16’ which is half of the room… Sneezles61

Is this a surround system. If so you will want to place the speakers and adjust the amp to a distance that gives you the best sound. For instance if the bar is the center of the seating area the speakers in the ceiling placed to cover the whole seating area and the front speakers should fill the void area between the ceiling speakers. Adjust the amp for the ceiling speaks to top of the bar the amp should have ft adjustments and the fronts speakers pass the bar. Creating a X formation of sound. The sub can be either place front or behind

Subwoofer base is multi directional so it can be placed anywhere. The main speakers are not optimum in the cieling. They should be at ear level facing the main seating area. Two sets of speakers works nice some people run each set through a sub but it’s not necessary. Soften the cieling and the corners if you can. Hear is my solution

1 Like

Can’t tell from my crappy photography but those are acoustic cieling tiles wrapping in recycled burlap coffee bags

1 Like

I’m going to have to go to the local brew pub and see if they have bags…

I’ve been snooping around the internet to find what is gonna work… My head is kinda dizzy with formulas… Sounds like the ceiling shouldn’t get speakers as its too low… 8’… The entertainment center, if you will, will be at the opposite side from the bar area, thus, leaving about 20’ of distance… I will need to put 2 zones to accomplish this, right?.. I think then 2 powered sub woofers too?.. I’m not looking to make my ears bleed… just to be able to have a full sound, even at a low volume… Not a big fan of tin can speaker sounds… Before I put up my ceiling, I need to run wires from one side to the other… I’m thinking something on the order of like computer/data wires… many pairs in one bigger wire? Sneezles61

What gauge wire ? I would go 16awg minimum. Your talking powered subs right? If you can put the sub centered you can get away with 1. Better to have one good sub than 2 cheesy.

That would be hard to accomplish… No way to run an outlet and speaker wire there… Unless it was to be seen… Trying to avoid wires hanging out… Put it in the ceiling and drive the wife nuts up stairs??:grin: Sneezles61

It should still be fine

I was just over at Crutchfield looking… I’m going to think about 2 separate systems… One at the TV area for football and DVD’s… Over at the other side is where the music/radio side… Since I will set up guitars and amps and such by the bar area, it will have to be 2 separate systems… I haven’t gave much thought to this until the last day or so… I know what I need to accomplish, and one setup won’t make it happen… Sneezles61

1 Like

I would still build a 4 speaker setup for music. Then a sound bar and sub for the TV side. That’s about the size of my space and four speakers works well but then my bar is in the center. I would at a minimum run the wires

1 Like

3 Likes

And shall I presume theres a chair situated right in front and centered? Very nicely done! Sneezles61

Are those your rears in front of the TV ? Did you build the boxes?

Its not what your seeing… rather, how it sounds! :sunglasses: Sneezles61

The two in front of the tv are the mains for the upstairs tv…they just there for pic purposes…pretty sure the unfinished ones will live out there career unfinished :grinning: built them all myself…was a fun hobby awhile ago.

I’m pretty sure I would need to turn my hearing aids off in this room.

2 Likes

…“But this amplifier and those speakers go to eleven !”

None of them were designed with ultra high output in mind…the horn loaded sub however :grinning:

Wasn’t Fender the only company to put 11 on their knobs? Sneezles61

1 Like