Smoked bacon

Really re-smoked I guess. A few years ago while smoking a Boston butt I decided to use the unoccupied top shelf in the smoker by hanging a pound of bacon from it. Took it off way before the pork and wow was it yummy. Bad thing is smoking it did not burn off near as much fat, just cooked it. Can’t be very healthy. What that tastes really good is?

Last week our new neighbor stopped by and gave us 3lbs of thick cut bacon from Costco. He said he bought too much. There is no such thing as too much bacon. I noticed he was carrying a bottle opener so we will get along just fine.

So now what to do with this much bacon? Freeze some. Wrap some scallops and grill. Get out the smoker? I will check our Lipitor supply first.

1 Like

We buy from a butcher shop just north of us… Bulk is cheaper… then we break it down to what we typically have for a meal…
Sunday is the big breakfast day around here… Bacon… about 1/4" thick… Drooling’ now… so smokey…
There is only one other way to “improve” on bacon… BLT’s with tomatoes from the garden… OMG
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Bacon the ultimate food my wife colombian. Once a while her fam buys a complete pig. Pig on bbq. Lots of chicharon with. Beans. And a black bean bacon soup

2 Likes

Black bean bacon soup… I could easily enjoy that combo… Recipe of sorts?
Sneezles61

I see Winn Dixie has Boston butt on sale this week for 99¢ a lb. I’m thinking pulled pork on the smoker bottom rack and bacon on top dripping down on it. Double cholesterol special!

Black bean bacon soup sounds great.

3 Likes

You guys are making me hungry!

Will ask my wife for the. Recipy. Normaly. Me stay outside the kitchen. When its full of latino women. Most people say. I love latino women. Be carefull what you wish for.

1 Like

2 Likes

This is based. On recipy for 2 persons she preps the bacon first. Boil in.water with. Spices. After that. Deep fry the bacon. Than she starts on the bean soup. I do like a site order nachos chips With cheese dip with it as well

Yummmmmm. Deep fried bacon…

2 Likes

Wet fall days… cold of winter… even mushy spring days calls for a great bowl of soup… My wife makes a Taco soup… I ladle that over Frito’s…
Your wife recipe is on the menu for tomorrow. Thank you, looks like it should be part of soup circuit here!
Sneezles61

1 Like

One thing she does do real nice as well. Nachos replace. The ground beef. With. Bacon. Perfect snack. Combined. With a ipa. Or a stout