SMASH American Session Ale Extract Kit

Wow, this is pretty good after 5 days in the bottle! One week in primary, another week in secondary to dry hop, then 5 days in the bottle. I couldn’t wait to try it, so I put one in the fridge to chill. I’m going to have to load up the fridge, this is a good drinker. This is the clearest brew yet for me. ABV is 5.25%, which is a little higher than expected. OG 1.044 FG 1.004

I am almost out of my Zombie Dirt, which was also good. Caribou Slobber going on week 3 in fermentation. I can’t wait for that one as well. I had the 1 gallon Caribou Slobber, but it didn’t last very long. So glad I went to 5 gallon batches. When I read about you all brewing 10 gallon batches, I thought that was a little much, but when friends like your beer, 5 gallons doesn’t last long either!

3 Likes

Very good looking brew… Enjoy, and don’t tell anyone… they’ll drink you dry! Sneezles61

2 Likes

Thank you, and I am realizing that! Ha ha ha

2 Likes

Nice looking beer! Yeah, I’ve found that the life of a keg is inversely proportional in length to the number of friends who come over. I’ve currently got my buddy’s wife’s favorite beer on tap. I’ve even nicknamed it Julie’s beer because it’s become a summer staple. :joy: Gives us yet another excuse to hang out and let the kids run wild in the back yard. Needless to say this keg should kick significantly faster than average. It’s all good because that’s just another excuse to brew more!

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Try to save some for two weeks. Might taste even better.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that you guys try to save some for later. I noticed that with a Hefe that I did a while back, I didn’t think it was very good, but the last bottle several weeks later was really good.

I know you’ve said that with the Caribou Slobber as well.

1 Like

It’s sometimes said that “If the last bottle of the batch is the best, you may have started drinking it [the batch] too soon”.

3 Likes

I completely agree! When I first started home brewing I liked, but was never impressed by, the beer I brewed. I found that when I started following the advice of the gurus on this site and fermented my beer longer and conditioned it longer, my beer started tasting great! I usually leave my beer in primary for a month and condition in the bottle for another month. It’s hard to wait that long, but it’s always been worth it.

1 Like

What does the Zombie Dirt taste like? I want to brew it next but am still not sure what to expect?

Thanks

Cmacbeen