Shiner bock

Well I’ve been on a bock sampling kick… I cannot find any, other than Michelob’s offering… Well, a friend that is working way south of the twin cities found some Shiner… It is still a good drinking “small” bock… Went to look at the grist … Or even a hint… It claims 1/3 is corn/maize… It also weighs in at 4.4%… I wonder how closely/similar this is to Modelo Negra?
I also know someone going to Stevens Point Wi. I asked for them to look for point bock… This is just about like an Easter egg hunt
Sneezles61

1 Like

I never thought about that , but Negra Modelo and Shiner Bock may in fact be somewhat similar. Hmmmm.

1 Like

I’ve got 2 shiners left… (Testing my will) I can find Modelo all over… Testing day coming up!
Sneezles6

Shiner Bock meh. Bock’s are one of my favorite styles to brew. Not even sure if mine match any thing available because I can’t really find many examples. I’ve tried to follow the posted guidelines and enjoy the ones I make. My “I’ll Be Bock” which has mutated to " Bock to Normal" is up next. Actually the original was “Rob’s Bock” named after a friend that just shows up every few months unannounced and has a couple

1 Like

Well, I wouldn’t assume Shiner Bock is a true bock… but I just feel warm and fuzzy drinking it… I’ll say it’s a good beer… Entry level for the BMP lite drinkers… :hugs:
Mine bock is at 1.043 right now and 52*F… Very slowly fermenting…
Yet as I was texting, very hard to find a Bock… Wouldn’t you think there’d be some anyways?
Sneezles61

All this bock-talk has given me some direction as to my next beer. Once I get my DIPA out of the fermigerator and kegged, it’s time to brew…a bock!

Top 10 bocks…according to someone :thinking:

Ooh St Nikolaus Bock is delicious. Local Christmas favorite around here.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

GeeWhizzzz… I’m missing out on some serious bocks… Strongest I can find about here is Michelob’s offering…
Sneezles61

OK… I was willing to be the test rat…
They look similar… That’s were the roads part… Modelo is 5.4ABV
Shiner is 4.4ABV…
Modelo has a brandy nose to it… Shiner has a faint malt nose…
Both are good…
Hands down I have to give Nazareth, hair of the dog the winning straw, and the brews… If you had to keep busy, socializing… Shiner
Home and not much in yer way… Modelo…
Sneezles61

1 Like