Share recipe for Baltic Porter

Ivye done this recipe a few times but never put it out there. I have changed this a little from the original but generally make it at the end of a lager series. This version used a single decotion and backed off on the roasted barely and ABV.

3 Likes

Looks good. The Baltic Porters I have had were all a touch too sweet for my liking so the brown sugar, drying it out, is a nice thought.

Thanks for sharing. Pretty straightforward grain bill and process. Simple is sometimes the best IMO.

Well that’s why i shared it. Ive made to many complicated porters. The decoction made the difference not a lot of ingredients

3 Likes

So why is it this posting just showed up… from 3 days ago? :no_mouth:
Yer taste buds say the decoction method was a big improvement?
Sneezles61

1 Like

I think so. Can’t put my finger on it. I think maybe the decoction is pooh poohed because it is tricky to do on some systems so those people say its not worth it which may be so. But its quite simple small batch Biab. Not exactly sure how large breweries would manage it. But for now ill do on any beer other than IPA. Although iv read a few articles where brewers are decocting NEIPAs

I’m curious now… The brews I’ve tasted from Germany always have this malt forward that is quite pleasing… I’ve not been able to replicate… I think the water has alot to do with it… Then perhaps… the decoction also plays a big role…
I won’t bother tinkering now… its a wee bit too hot fer a guy whom enjoys winter… When the weather turns cool again…
Sneezles61