Serbez. De bonilla

Nice brew session. Yesterday. Did brew a low grav beer for my wife yesterday. Pale ale. Honeymalt. Some crystal. Biscuit malt. Hops. Magnum. Citra cetennial. And saaz. Og. 1.055. Kviek yeast. Amazing stuff kveik. When i went to bed. Just quik check. And there was krausen and airlock activity this might be the last brew for this year. Me out of base malt

Sad to hear that, but then, the year is just about played out… Hopefully you have enough brew in the keezer to last? I am going to experiment this W/E with a faux brute… Just have an idea that may work out. Sneezles61

Did send message to the brewery if i can buy a 50 lbs bag. 2 row. Or. Maris otter from him. Good thing. Got 5 fermenting. And 4 kegs full of brew. So no worrys on that part. Now. I wonder. Me need to make a. Kriek lambic. For next august. My sister will be here. Than. Can buy frozen cherries. Here. But what now if i use. Cherrie extract. Did sèe. Small bottle here at the bakery store. Extract. Insted of. Cherries. Thats my thought. Sort of

I suppose cherry extracts can vary. But, I’ve used the LD Carlson cherry extract twice in the past in Stouts. Once the whole 4oz. in a 5 gallon batch. The 2nd time I tried only 2 oz. Never again- it comes through as cherry cough syrup. Yuck.
I’ve never tried to do a lambic, but I suspect frozen cherries would be better than that extract. At least if it’s the LD Carlson stuff.

1 Like

Normaly do order. 4 cans of vinter harvest cherrie puree. From our host. I got one can left. So me thinking. Gonna combine this with the frozen cherries. But the thought i i use extract. Maybe this works. But thanks for the input. Jimrmaine. Will stick with the cherrie and puree

1 Like