Sensitive Pressure Valve on Mangrove Jacks Keg

Guys I discovered a leak in my kegerator it seems to be the small pressure release valve on top of the keg. Seems super sensitive. Like if I just move the attached ring from left to right … gas hissing out … like I didn’t pull the ring … literally just moved it.

Anyone had this before ?

Anyway I can address it ?

Many thanks :pray:

Matthew

Everything else is normal, - pressure, carbonation when your pour, all that? I’ve had them leak when the o-ring goes bad or I get some crud in there. Is it a commercial keg?

Hi yes all else seems totally normal 19L keg just like corney keg I have 2 of them and the ring and valve suddenly seem really sensitive on one of them it’s caused gas to leak am sure of it I added another keg and adjusted a few of the beer lines etc 2 days later no Co2 :frowning: must’ve have knocked it, tested this morning with new gas cylinder, immediately started hissing

Grab the ring and give it a twist clockwise. That might seat it. If not, is the pressure release on the lid like most of them? You might be able to buy just the valve or even a new lid. Used is good.

I have one keg that the release valve is just a lever. If that it the case try just snapping it shut.

1 Like

Thank you will try that, yes the pressure release is on the lid - good idea on buying a lid :blush:

I’m with Mark… Perhaps just a small hunk o junk in the seal/seat area… I’d be pulling/twisting on it see if I could get it out of there…
Sneezles61

I think the PRVs will unscrew from the lid so you can just replace that on some.

Thank you guys

Will give the twist and turn a try - greatly appreciated

Matthew

1 Like

Guys - Bingo that did the trick literally 1 360 degree clockwise turn to the ring and it’s solid just like the other one - so happy and so gutted that cost me a cylinder of gas and a new regulator :confounded: !!!

Thank you

3 Likes

Glad it was an easy fix. Might want to consider getting a second CO2 tank. Everyone that kegs has had a leak that drained their tank and usually not at the best time. See if your supplier will let you have one for a deposit. Then usually you can just swap it out when it’s empty. They also need to be tested every 12 years in the U.S. and if they own it, it’s their problem.