Seeking Clone Recipe - Parish Brewing Canebrake

Hi-Looking to brew a 5 gallon all grain batch of this.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

JAM3

Welcome to NB’s forum!..
The first piece I see… American Wheat style… So is that 50/50 Pils and wheat? Place to start… A sweet honey flavor… You’ll also need some honey malt… I guess they’ve added sugar… so as to dry out the brew?
Starting gravity depends on your brew rig… 1.048-1.052…
Sterling hops to the boil… FO with the cascades…
Yeast… and at what temp to ferment at… Without enjoying a pint, one can only guess… Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction for your adventure…
Sneezles61

Thanks for the quick response and advice. I know for a fact that they use this in the brew:

I will treat it like honey as a late boil addition.
Was planning on Omega 002 and my temps will most like be in the high 60’s.

It’s a cool beer that you can only get down around Louisiana. I contemplated contacting the brewery just to see if they’d share some info but I’m not sure if they would offer any secrets on one of their best sellers. Thanks again!

JAM3

1 Like

I wouldn’t hesitate to email them and ask. I’ve gotten local breweries to share their recipes with me I just ask for some direction on creating a similar clone to their beer and they usually give me a thorough breakdown.

2 Likes

Will do. Thanks for the encouragement!

An American wheat could be anywhere from 30-100% wheat malt but likely something closer to what @sneezles61 said. 50% pils and or 2 row.

That cane syrup will most likely be more like using molasses than other sugars since it’s less refined. It will leave some residual flavor which could be sweet and similar to honey. Hard to say since I’ve never used it.

Sounds interesting. If the brewer will share some info you’ll be in biz, otherwise just trial and error til you get close.

Thanks for the input. I’m looking for a little residual flavor from the Steen’s syrup so that sounds like a great plan. Pardon my ignorance but what impact will pils vs 2 row pale have? Was planning on 50-50 wheat/2 row but now I’m curious.

Honestly probably very little impact using 2 row over pils malt or vice versa.

I would shoot for about 20IBU. And as @sneezles61 mentioned use sterling for bittering and cascade late.

Like your choice of yeast and how to handle your sugarcane.

1 Like