Scored a new freezer and fermzilla

Daisy chained together moving to keg nice and slow with some back pressure. See the nice yeast? I dumped the first collection that had alot of hops material. I’ll leave it in there with co2 until im ready to use it

My brewing buddy got a few in the usa. He does like them

One thing i noticed is this thing finished fast and clear which is the hallmark of fermenting under pressure ive heard

That’s 2 weeks pitch to glass. I started increasing the pressure when the krausen dropped so after 10 days pushed to a keg then a couple days to balance the carbonation enjoying

3 Likes

This third batch i didn’t clean the fermenter. Pushed the last beer over to keg then dumped gallon of fresh wort in the fermzilla inverted it to get the yeast out of the collection container and mixed in. Then dumped the rest of the wort in. Took off in an hour or so. This is going to finish fast. Fermenting at 63° with pressure

1 Like

Dinklebier two weeks pitch to glass . I treated it like a Kolsch

1 Like

Not sure if @WMNoob is sy following this thread. But im getting a system going. Im doing my first IPA. So what i have found works is i set the spunding valve to 5psi and when the krausen drops i purge and remove the trub from the collection container. Then i put it up to 12 or 15 psi to finish.

So this thread JUST showed up… wonder whats happening…
So you are about sold on this gizmo? In a freez-mentor? Notice … what about the flavor?
Sneezles61

Yes it seems to be working out. I need to get another carbonation caps for the collection container so i can purge it.

The flavor on the Dinklebier is very clean and balanced as a Kolsch should be. It was supposed to finish 4.5% but ended 5.25% but don’t think that changes much. My cat sitter will like this one.

1 Like

Present! I am full up on inventory so have yet to brew in my fermzilla I’m following along though. Thanks for the info!

Some kinda cap to cover the yeast collection vessel? Theres a valve that closes off the dump port so you can remove yeast?
I’ll need to go study their website… I’m curious about the whole function of a true conical fermenter…
Pickin’ yer brains… :sunglasses:
Sneezles61

Went and watched Larry: beer and BBQ…
I think the floating liquid exit gizmo is a winner… Think I’ll mod one of my SS buckets to adapt one… I really don’t need a yeast harvesting jar…
Sneezles61

I haven’t done it yet but the benefit or the port on the harvest jar would be close the valve remove the trub or yeast then purge the collection container before opening the valve to keep out all O2. Also at that point ypu cn ad hops or fruit and purge. When you open the valve the hops or fruit is pushed up into the fermenter. This is a way to finally add dry hops and limit O2

1 Like

Makes sense now… :sunglasses:
Sneezles61