RIP Flars

It is with great sadness I that I have to announce the passing of one of our forum friends. Flars, Frank was one of our most frequent and helpful posters. Not many days if not hours went by when he didn’t chime in here. He was also one of the forum members I asked NB to make a moderator. He turned out to be great at it and knew the forum better anyone.

If there is place where homebrewers go I’m sure we will see him again. If you would like to view his obituary you can read it here Obituaries: FRANK W. LARSON

1 Like

Damm so sad news. Gonna miss him on this forum. He had knowlege. And wise words. Rip. Flars. My condolence. To his family

2 Likes

That is sad news. Thank you for posting this.
We appreciate all that Frank did for the forum and will be toasting in his honor this evening.

1 Like

Truly sad news. Flars will be missed immensely. Condolences to his family.

3 Likes

May he rest in peace with his loved ones. Only knew him through this forum but always enjoyed his contributions. It is a testament to his popularity that a thread was started wondering where he went. Now we know he’s in heaven

1 Like

This makes me so sad…such a nice guy with a love for life, good food, good beer and giving back to this small community of homebrewers. I’m sure he was wonderful husband and father too. Condolences to his family and loved ones. He will be missed here and I’m sure many other places.

1 Like

I really enjoyed his food posts… He was old schooled brew wise, and stayed true to that also… I sent my condolences to the Hemer funeral home. They in turn will send them on to his family… Don’t forget to cook a meal and hoist a schooner of home brew for his sake. Sneezles61

3 Likes

Very sad, RIP Frank. Sounds like he lived a rich, full life.

He always was trying to get us back on track when one of us, usually me, was hijacking a thread. I’ll drink a homebrew for/to him tonight.

2 Likes

I have to add a thanks to @sneezles61 for helping find who and where Frank was after we wondered for weeks where he went. There is really no replacing what Frank did here.

4 Likes

Super sad…rest in peace Frank :frowning:

1 Like

Sad to hear that @flars has moved on, RIP my brother! I haven’t been on here much lately but I always check the food threads to see what he was making. Seemed like a very great man, husband, father, friend, homebrewer and cook all in one. His knowledge and insight will truly be missed! I will pull a pint in his memory this evening!

2 Likes

Oh no. :cry: I had noticed he hadn’t posted in a while and was wondering what was going on. This is extremely sad news, Flars will be sorely missed. He was always on here keeping tabs on things and offering out helpful tips and posting wonderful food pictures. I will be sure to post condolences on the link provided as well. Thank you for tracking down the information.

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Sad to hear this. He gave great advice, and I enjoyed all the food posts. Condolences to his family. :beers:

2 Likes

I am really saddened by this news. I always looked forward to his posts.
My wife’s family is from Medford. I planned to look him up next family reunion up there.

1 Like

cheers flars. Thanks for the adivse and wise words. May you rip. You will be missed

6 Likes

Like many others, I have learned so much from him on this forum. In fact, I thought my very first brew was ruined, but he talked me down off of the cliff, told me what to do and it turned out to be a great brew. As many of you have already said, I will also miss his wise words of advice.

2 Likes

What!? No! This cannot be!

Rest in peace, my friend. I’ll drink an extra one tonight in your honor.

3 Likes

Ditto to all the replies. I’m truly heartbroken. Flars, you leave unifillable shoes. I feel like I’ve lost a true family member.
Rest in Peace, brother. Cheers.

Ron

4 Likes

This really sucks. Frank was a constant source of knowledge, and when a new Brewer came onto the scene, he was always there to answer the simplest questions, like a true gentleman. Peace, brother.

I, for one, have been able to neglect this place knowing that someone like Frank was there to answer the questions of the newcomers. Not anymore. I know this place might be fading, but I’m going to do my best to step in where he would have, and hopefully keep this source of knowledge going. With what little I have to contribute. Cheers, friends.

12 Likes

@flars helped me move my brewing forward with all the non-judgemental and patiently given practical information and advice. His “What’s Coooking” posts made me think about how I could freshen the menu around here too. Here’s to you Frank! May you rest in peace.

5 Likes