Regatta 2019

The sailing regatta comes up. So me thinking why not get a booth this year. And sell my beer. Its a 4 day event. Oct 9 till 12 oct. Beer and burgers. Did order. Parts to build a jockey box. 2 tap. A pilsner and a ipa. Now question. How much would you pay. For a 7 oz. Cup of beer. Can not be to much local people are not willing to pay to much. So me thinking. Pilsner 2.50. Us. Ipa 3 us. Burgers and beer it will be

1 Like

You must not have the alcohol laws we have over in the states.

1 Like

Yes we do. But me got a permission true chamber of commerce. Can start my own company if i want to. Thats my future idea

1 Like

Your cost plus 20% is overly fair. Your cost plus paying yourself a wage for the time spent plus 20% is fair to you.

I would strongly figure out what a batch of beer costs you. Look into ALL your ingredients. Ingredients are malt, water, hops, yeast, ENERGY, fining agents, and any other processing things. Look at the entire amount of time it takes you. Add all the ingredients and then a fair amount for the time it costs you.

Me busy calculating. What it does cost me per pound grains. Hops and so on. But got to be fair on price. Locals will not pay to much. Hahs but they willing to pay 4 us for a heineken. Got to convince them home brew beer. Beter. Art. And more work so cost bit more. Got a example at the brew pup. Where the brewery is locals will not enter. They think 12oz pint 6 us to much. If you look at it for 6 us. You got to bottles of beer in a 12oz glass

IMO can make a better bottle of beer than 95% of the beer at my local store. The average 6 pack of 12 oz is $12 here. I can beat that and make a pretty good beer for $1 a beer but my 5gallon capacity for homebrewing doesn’t leave me enough profit to feasibly try and compete with $2 bottles. The only way to do it is to make exceptional beer with more alcohol and flavor, things that drive sales, and charge a lot more. Or produce greater volume per batch to drive down cost. Buying local is really big here so that would help as well.

Did do some calculation a 6 gal keg of pilsner. Grain hops yeast. Irishmoss. Yeast nut. Water. Cost me. 37.80. Per keg. Sell it for 3 dollar a cup. Get about 50 cups out of keg. Leaves me 112 dollar profit. After costs

1 Like

$4.00 a glass that is a little lower than what I pay for a 16 oz here in upstate NY sorth of Syracuse area.

1 Like

4hrs to brew say $30/hr your loosing money. Why bother just drink it yourself and watch the race

I know but it more a expermint. See if i can sell beer and burgers that week. If it works. I start my next step. But price i am not sure yet. Might up the price. 2 months to figure out

1 Like

You will definitely have a chance to make some new friends

Thats for sure. Got all ready many ones i started brewing. Idea to sell my beer. See if its wort to start a brew pup here on bonaire. Music beers. Live music during regatta more local people at night. During. Day time cruise boat. Will use differnt price than. On the end hope to leave some cash in my acount so this will pay for the next shipment of product. And maybe bit extra

1 Like

What you do is price high and run a special or happy hour. That makes you look generous and gets people to try your awesome Homebrew. If you price low and have to raise the price you look greedy

2 Likes

50% over what the what it cost you per item. Figure out what it cost you to make a burger and all the fixings and how long it takes to make.

I think if you leave the soul of brew in the brew, you’ll do well… If you suck it out, homogenize it, peeps won’t return… I trust you’ll do well… It’d call it, making a living… Perhaps my band would come down to your pub and crank out some stoner tunes?.. After your up running the hood! :sunglasses: Sneezles61

2 Likes

Me got lots of passion brewing.and beer. Got 3 passions in live. Beer metal music. Converse shoes. Think i do well sell beer. Stoner music. Nice.