Ranco dual temperature controller?

I am very sorry that I keep asking this (OCD) on my part. But anyway I have my ranco dual temperature controller in a Thermowell which is in 5gal of water in my big mouth bubbler for testing in my used refrigerator. The controller is set to 70f with 2 degree differential but my controller is showing it’s at 67f so how would I get it up too 70f where my controller is set too. Yes I know fermenting wort is different from just water.

I don’t have this type of controller so this may be way off. I think it might take a day of gentle heat inside the refrigerator to bring the mass of water up to the set temperature of the controller.

1 Like

Along the lines of what @flars said; What is your heat source, and what is the space you’re controlling? So for me, I’ve got the beer in a 7.1 cu ft chest freezer, the heater is a CVS heating pad. Now I tape the probe to the side, not a thermowell, but I can generally stabilize in a few hours. Also, mine isn’t a Ranco either.

1 Like

If ambient room temp IS 67, then the controller and fridge WONT heat up the 5 gallons… You’ll need a heat source… Sneezles61

1 Like

You need a heat source as suggested above. Refrigerators don’t heat, they cool and insulate. I believe someone suggested a lightbulb set up in the other thread where you asked the exact same question…

2 Likes

You just have a controller. You need a cooling and heating source as well for the cont older to monitor. It does not cool or heat, merely monitors and controls the range.