Quick trip to Batavia, NY

I’m driving to Batavia, NY today, near Buffalo. I’ll spend the night and pickup a puppy tomorrow morning then drive home.

Any breweries I should check out in the area? Local or regional food I should find?

If you’ve never been to the Anchor Bar, if you like wings, it’s definitely worth a stop. Every time I go to Buffalo, I plan an extra day to swing down by Southern Tier on my way home, but that may be out of the way for you as it’s almost 2 hours SW of Batavia (and I seem to remember you being in VA area?). Great location, awesome outdoor dining, they have a stones course and a small amphitheater where they (used to pre-Covid) have live music every day. One of my favorites to visit.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Oh ya the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, I went there many years ago. Supposed to be the place that invented the buffalo wing. At least that is what the locals told me.

1 Like

Not sure of your trip but I would go to the Finger Lakes and check out the Other Half location there.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions guys but unfortunately I was foiled by a very bad accident that closed the road I was on and added 2 1/2 hours to my trip. So I rolled in about 9:30, hit 5 guys and am about to dig into a book and veg out.

Finger lakes are a bit out of my way back south and I’ll be transporting an 8 week old puppy so no detours tomorrow. The accident ate up my only available time to explore.

Puppy pics I believe are mandatory now. . . :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

This is Bosley. He’s an eight week old, 12 lb. ball of floppy fluff. Allegedly a Springer Doodle. Parents are 35 and 40 lbs. He should like water, not shed and be non-allergenic.

4 Likes