Question???

I haven’t brewed beer in a few years, I have mostly been making wine…Here is my question.

I was looking online at the Czech Pilsner Extract Kit. I read some of the reviews and it they talk about having to brew in the winter or in cold temps. Never having brewed this type of beer, can this be done in warmer temps?? Like 55-60??

you can ferment yeast at whatever temp you want but it won’t be as clean and crisp at a higher temp.

A pilsner is a lager, and as you probably know lagers are fermented in the 40s and then lagered at temps in the 30s.
However, if you want, you could use that kit with a ale yeast fermented at a warmer temp., although you should use temps on the low end of your yeast’s range. I know there are several ale yeasts that ferment pretty clean at temps in the 50s- ‘California common’ or ‘Steam beer’ types. I don’t happen to have the yeast charts with me here, but perhaps others do. Won’t be exactly the same as a well done pilsner, but if you’re careful with temps and times you should be able to come close.

It will turn out pretty good with a Kolsch yeast fermented at 55-60 F. Very slightly ale-like, but pretty darn smooth. I have not had as good of success with other ale yeasts at this temperature range – still a little too fruity to my taste. I like the White Labs Kolsch yeast. Expect a cool fermented beer to take 3-4 weeks to finish fermenting, versus the usual 1-2 weeks for other ales.