Question about temperature

I’m brewing NH Bourbon barrel porter kit using 1728 Scottish ale yeast. Everything I’ve read about this yeast is that it’s a real ripper so use a blowoff tube, which I have done. I am keeping in a room of my house that stays petty cold in winter(I keep the heat very low in there as I don’t use it.) This morning the ferment-temp strip on th carboy is showing 58-60 degrees. Should I be concerned that it’s getting too cold for optimal fermentation?

Temperature range for that yeast is 55-75° F (13-24° C). Haven’t used that yeast to know what flavors are developed at different temperatures. You may have a long slow fermentation at the current temperature. A temporary drop in temperature may cause the yeast to drop out and become dormant since it is a highly flocculant yeast. Upping the temperature of the beer in the fermentor 5°F may help prevent a potential problem with the fermentation.

If you pitched close to that temp you should not have a problem. But if you pitched in the upper 60’s then the yeast might not be active and it might then be a good idea to bring the temp up.