Pumpkin beer?

Hello I know it’s a little early for pumpkin beer. But I going to brew one here pretty soon I am wondering what the best way to add the pumpkin spice I read were you can add the spice’s to vodka an then add it to the beer but what amount of spice do I use an what spice’s?

Me did soak last year. All spice nutmeg. Ginger. Cinamon. In some vodka. For about 7 days. Than did add everything. To the secondary. Taste wise. Its up to you how spicy you want your pumpkin. Only think i did find out. Use fresh roasted pumpkin much beter flav. I did one with pumpkin from the can. This did not realy work out. But fresh pumkin lots of flavour

I’ve done the Smashing Pumpkin kit with a few modifications from our hosts annually since I’ve been brewing for October. They have you add the pumpkin spices at flameout. I also use 4 pie pumpkins that I cut into sections, coat with some brown sugar and cinnamon and bake at 350 for 1 hour. I add two to the mash and two the last 20 mins of boil. I also add vanilla tincture to mine which consists of 3 vanilla beans split, scraped and quartered in a mason jar with vodka for a few days. I add this tincture directly to the keg.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

I also roasted the pumpkin, then added it to the mash. I’m generally not a fan of pumpkin pie spice, so I went really light with that at the end of the boil.

Unfortunately I don’t have any measurements or recipe data to share - it was the first and last pumpkin beer I intended to brew, but it did turn out quite nice… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: